Assassin's Creed E3 trailer matte painting, Benoit Ladouceur (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2006   #16
man this is really awesome, great attention to detail , composition, mood, this is so cool , great matte painting skill, by the way I saw your portfolio and all the images are stunningI invite you to help us grow the new matte painting forum here @ cgtalk share with the community your excellent work

http://forums.cgsociety.org/forumdisplay.php?f=196

keep up that awesome art man !!

Old 05 May 2006   #17
great work very detailed
i like it really

Old 05 May 2006   #18
Amazing construction.

Old 05 May 2006   #19
WOW!!! Looks like a real photo!

My WIP thread
My gallery in Deviantart

Old 05 May 2006   #20
Thumbs up

Hey brother,
I like this city walls in front!!! Very very much this is one of the best walls, that I see...
5* my friend and I want to see this (your work) on front page
Great worK!

Old 05 May 2006   #21
thx again everyone for the great comments...

Defcombeta: It would have been nice to have been able to make flames and burning smoke, carnage and mayhem... I think though that the trailer is supposed to happen inside a city once the battle is over.

Velarion: Wow... thanks you very much !! you have made my day with your great comment

jamesvfx: hey Jaime !! thx for the comments !! Sure thing...!! I already try to give insight and participate on the different threads in the matte painting forum as often as I can... As I now hit a little down time, I'll try to get more images and wips posted in there to share stuff with you guys !

AspiriN: thnks !!

tddtk: it was really fun to do... a challenge because of all the elements to assemble but a really fun puzzle. What's a bit sad with projects like these, is that you always end up pressed for time because of deadlines... makes us appreciate down time even more I guess

Diegoth: thks !! another one that does my day... like I wrote earlier I'm always scared that my stuff turn out a bit too painterly. Very appreciated !!

degerardo: thnks for the front page recommendation !! The front wall is a mix of basic 3D geometry I textured roughly, rendered then painted to add the crippled parts and the battle damage / fallen rocks... I also used or ruins pictures refs and old books references to understand how to damage the walls.

Old 05 May 2006   #22
Ben, this version of the intro Matte is Gorgerous, this is Working very well and is inspiring for the Art team of the Game, what is Great! (front Page Material come on Forum leaders! )

Old 05 May 2006   #23
....yeew, the perspective and "camera"-angle are simple TOP
-plugged-
(4.89/5...)

-cheerZ-

Old 05 May 2006   #24
thks Raph !! very appreciated !!! your art direction on that piece was a great help to keep everything on track with the feel of the game... !!

Abyssis: the camera angle and perspective are simple, but simple is not always the easiest... There was a bit of trial and error in order to get to that movement and framing. Mostly because some of the earlier versions had the feeling of a small maquette being filmed. I'm glad the director was open to suggestions and that he let me fiddle around with his approved camera to get it to that point. I am very happy with the way this one turned out, the scale and depth (I think) came out just right.

Old 05 May 2006   #25
here is the 3D setup for the scene that some of you asked me... sorry if it took a little time to get it posted.

enjoy!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg assassins_proj_surfaces.jpg (72.3 KB, 513 views)

Old 05 May 2006   #26
Great work!
This is one of the games I cant wait for!!!
Trailer and promo stuff look very good!
keep up

Old 05 May 2006   #27
wow

good stuf the details is very nice

Old 05 May 2006   #28
zoki: Hey Zoran, thank you very much for the great comment!! (I have to say that I'm eager to play it too !! Working on the trailer turned out to be such a tease for us in cinematics... wish the game would come out sooner !!).

sebkeb2: thnks buddy !! What part of Brossard are you from? (I actually spent most of my childhood there...)

Old 05 May 2006   #29
Beautiful...a true masterpiece!

Where can I see the trailer?

Old 05 May 2006   #30
Wink

Congtatulations, my friend for front page later, bud still...!
As a said-great work.

Thread Closed share thread