Women.lizards, Le Chen (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2006   #61
I simply adore the lighting the the colors of this piece and all the beautiful detail of the jewlery. My fav part is the Chameleon.

Even if this is a paintover of photographs or photmanipulation (I seriously can't tell since I am still a digital newbie) it's still a wonderful piece of artwork in my eyes. I don't see why this would be a problem if s/he is the copyright owner of the photos. :/

Old 02 February 2006   #62
Thumbs up

Really nice work! Excellent detail

Old 02 February 2006   #63
I think it's so pretty that it got you a witch hunt group....sigh

Old 02 February 2006   #64
I must say very impressive. I have seen many pieces of art in my field and I am very impressed you must be the teacher at your university rite?

Old 02 February 2006   #65
I'm usually a big fan of very realistic pieces, but to be quite honest this looks like you've used shortcuts and relied too heavily on reference, and that you don't actually understand fully what it is you're painting.
Its sharp, sterile style lacks the soul and expressivness that makes portrait paintings so wonderful.

That, and the cut+pasted looking parts (shadow falling the wrong way on wall, peculiar & inauthentic looking squiggly thing on her forehead, flat unrealistic shading of the chameleon) make me wonder about the authenticity :\
You don't see masterful quality and awkwardly noobish stuff in the very same image unless something's up, mate.
Hope I'm wrong, of course.

Old 02 February 2006   #66
great image awesome painting great realistic look 5*

Old 02 February 2006   #67
Very nice work

Yep - Truly insane Painter work Le Chen!

Would love to see some info about your lead up and process for such a painting. What type of reference did you use? - What brushes etc in Painter?

Cheers

Roger the Shrubber

Old 02 February 2006   #68
Looking at your works and dates...

I have no doubt you are so lucky to have top-notch teachers at GuangZhou Fine Arts University. I wish I could say the same...

Maybe CGSociety should ask you to share your skills in a making off article. That would be very interesting for all of us.

Last edited by ShinChanPu : 02 February 2006 at 11:43 AM.

Old 02 February 2006   #69
Who let the trolls out?! Jeez!

Of course it is possible to paint this well - particularly if you're using references.

Anyone who says otherwise is just showing their ignorance - I've seen even more realism done in oils!

This doesn't look like a manip/paintover to me - just a well composed, carefully painted piece.... not perfect, but bloody good.

Old 02 February 2006   #70

I am to impress by the details of this composition
it's very-very beautiful

Old 02 February 2006   #71
That's damn good work you got there.

Terence

Old 02 February 2006   #72
Just amazing.
Great colours, great details... everything is at superlative.
A wonderful piece of art. Congratulation.

Old 02 February 2006   #73
This artist is of negligible character and morality.

??????????

Last edited by Trower : 02 February 2006 at 08:46 PM. Reason: This artist is of negligible character and morality.

Old 02 February 2006   #74
Thumbs down

Once a plagiarist, always a plagiarist.

Considering this user has been busted twice in the past for paintovers and plagiarism, I'll take this "painting" with a grain of salt.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=256078

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=232854

The fact that he's been allowed to continue posting on this forum after clearly plagiarising a Royo painting mystifies me. What's even more mysterious is why this so called artist continues to even post here after being busted... I know I'd go hide in a dark corner if that happened to me.

Old 02 February 2006   #75
hi.

nice work.... not quite sure of what is going on, but it looks nice. there is one major thing that i dont agree with, the shadow on the wall thrown by that hanging piece is not right. it must be on the other side of the piece seeing the light on the lady.

my website;
www.waheednasir.com

Last edited by waheednasir : 02 February 2006 at 07:57 PM.

Thread Closed share thread