Women.lizards, Le Chen (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2006   #46
Truly inspiring...

Old 02 February 2006   #47
what a difference a year makes

After seeing this stunning image, I went to visit your other postings, Faicean.

Less than a year ago, you posted your image "Kry" here:

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?t=232854

The difference in execution of these two paintings is like night and day with this new painting
far, far superior to the others.

Light-years of difference actually.

The others look like they were built up more or less "traditionally" while this one...this one is
...well, I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. Words fail me and I've seen some wonderful work when lurking around--looking but never commenting--in this forum.

Did you "build" this image the same way as your others? Because if you did indeed construct the image as do most artists, you have surpassed any 2D artist I've seen, including the wonderful, wonderful Linda Bergkvist. whom I did not think could be topped.

So, if you don't mind my asking...what's the secret to your amazing progress in less than one short year?

Old 02 February 2006   #48
(5 stars)

Old 02 February 2006   #49
Thumbs up really nice work

hey man~really nice ,beautiful pic, i'm very llike it~~
***** 5 stars~
Cheers

Old 02 February 2006   #50
really amazing ( same as previous 50 replys XD )

but a few points i think could be improved.

the rope that used to tie the hair together kinda lacks dept.. it's almost like it's in sketch state and ready be detailed.. it's to light.

there are some rather hard edges in the eye area.. maybe it's makeup though..

I have trouble trying to find the position of the light in this scene.. when i think i located it, some shadows wont match up.. mainly the shadows around the painting on the wall.

some pieces of the painting are absolutely amazing, ultra realistic... but other pieces, like the painting on the wall (the frame), the body is the cameleon, the right hand.
they kinda seem to be in a different state, a state yet to be detailed.

Not sure why i post this though.. people who just post their work and dont reply.. they kinda annoy me... ah well

Old 02 February 2006   #51
Speachless!

Old 02 February 2006   #52
The detail is AMAZING!! really great work...Great colors too..

Old 02 February 2006   #53
Originally Posted by rock995: After seeing this stunning image, I went to visit your other postings, Faicean.

The difference in execution of these two paintings is like night and day with this new painting

The others look like they were built up more or less "traditionally" while this one...this one is
...well, I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. Words fail me and I've seen some wonderful work when lurking around--looking but never commenting--in this forum.

Did you "build" this image the same way as your others? Because if you did indeed construct the image as do most artists, you have surpassed any 2D artist I've seen, including the wonderful, wonderful Linda Bergkvist. whom I did not think could be topped.

So, if you don't mind my asking...what's the secret to your amazing progress in less than one short year?

My guess is it's mostly photo images with quite a bit of paintover/filters to achieve the "painterly" look.

If someone thinks this was painted from hand, they are from another planet.

Old 02 February 2006   #54
thank you

Originally Posted by johngloid: My guess is it's mostly photo images with quite a bit of paintover/filters to achieve the "painterly" look.

If someone thinks this was painted from hand, they are from another planet.

My sentiments exactly only you didn't bother to sugarcoat it like I did.

rock

Old 02 February 2006   #55
Thumbs up

....so cool~~~i love it! Especially work!5*................

Old 02 February 2006   #56
yes ,reall good digital painting works ,but really be different from your last works ,hehe ,
Quote: Originally Posted by rock995
After seeing this stunning image, I went to visit your other postings, Faicean.

The same question with me ,but this wroks really amazing fantastic and stunning,hope to see ur new works soon ,keep the good works up~

Old 02 February 2006   #57
This artist is of negligible character and morality.

??????????

Last edited by Trower : 02 February 2006 at 08:45 PM. Reason: This artist is of negligible character and morality.

Old 02 February 2006   #58
i dont underdtand how you went from those old painting to this painting that f'n amazing...

its gorgeous especially cause i love asian culture

Old 02 February 2006   #59
wow, fantastic job. I love it

Old 02 February 2006   #60
Wow, this is piece of art! 5stars!

Thread Closed share thread