Judgement, Wei Chen (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2005
Very excellent overall. However, there's one thing I don't like and it's a problem many people have with illustrations that depict the subject above the camera. They always seem to avoid drawing the jaw under the face. The way the picture is right now, she is touching her chin to her neck, looking very down on us. If we swung the camera to the side of her, it would look like a very weird pose.

12 December 2005
Very cool, feathers look awesome!

12 December 2005
Originally Posted by Thoe99: Very excellent overall. However, there's one thing I don't like and it's a problem many people have with illustrations that depict the subject above the camera. They always seem to avoid drawing the jaw under the face. The way the picture is right now, she is touching her chin to her neck, looking very down on us.

Well, that's kind of the point - and more specifically, the point of view. She's coming down from Heaven and she's looking down at where she's going. The perspective looks correct (IMO). The idea is about the judgement and thus, the looking down on "us" would seem to be appropriate, especially with all the immorality going on in the world but, that's a whole 'nuther topic.
The feathers do look a bit like leaves though. Maybe it's because of the lack of high number of lines per feather. It looks more like vains on a leaf. As I said in my earlier post though, the idea, colors and general illustration is great!
And with that, I wish you all a Merry Christmas!

Last edited by Ramon : 12 December 2005 at 05:57 PM.

12 December 2005
Man, this is very impressive..beautiful art. Great work.

12 December 2005
Very nice work!!! any chance of bigger scale picture

12 December 2005
Great work!
Perfect perspective!

12 December 2005
fantastique baroque style.

12 December 2005
spectacular great work i like this so much

12 December 2005
Very impressive. Nice atmosphere, and P.O.V. The drapery is very nice. I still have problems with cloth, but I'm working them out. Great use of shadow and light too. You paint a lot like Jo Chen. I am a fan of his work. I have a few of his limited prints. I love it. Great work.

I got CULT status baby!

12 December 2005
hi man
glad to see another great work of yours!

12 December 2005
awesome work ...but the clouds are a drawn with a different style than the lady...just a crit..
it looks good anyway

12 December 2005
Originally Posted by mehran: awesome work ...but the clouds are a drawn with a different style than the lady...just a crit..
it looks good anyway

Interesting way to look at it, but wouldn't call it a criticisim. If you look at the whole thing it's totally stylised for it's individual parts. Using the same technique to paint the feathers isn't going to work on the face, clouds, or the cloth. That's what gives it such a great dynamic, and adds something dramatic to the feel of it.

I got CULT status baby!

12 December 2005
Fabulous!, perhaps the one objection is her chests, it dont seem very natural, and perhaps, the pic is too yellow ,it get better with another colors palette.

congratulations!

12 December 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread