City Ruins, Natiq Aghayev (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2005
City Ruins, Natiq Aghayev (2D)

Title: City Ruins
Name: Natiq Aghayev
Software: Photoshop

This is the concept I've been thinking about for a very long time really. But for various reasons only now I was able to quench my "Need For Fallout" thirst ;) Yes, I'm a huge fan of Fallout game and hence all of that post apocalyptic, you know, post nuclear stuff, which is extremely dear to my heart. So I thought it might be a good idea to draw something interesting that would express my love and passion for the sacred Title's philosophy :) I've been working on this for about 3 weeks (mostly erazing and correcting what was drawn previously) recalling good ol' times double clicking on fallout.exe and once again understanding that "war.. war never changes.."©
>> Hi resolution image <<

12 December 2005
WOW~~~~great workkkk~~~~~very nice painting of the scene~~~~~~~and I love the colours with lighting~~~~~~ ~~~~****4starssssss~~~~~~

PS:I hope this scene don't appeared in our life~~~~and we must resist battle~aaaa~~

Last edited by minminxu : 12 December 2005 at 06:47 PM.

12 December 2005
Thumbs up

VERY GOOD JOB it makes me cry.. :(( i am a fallout fan myself but this is outrageous ! i pray to god that this will be used in the next game of the series. VERY NICELY DONE the scene reminds me of all the aspects of that game

12 December 2005
Defonten, this is really SOMETHING!
You've done great job here.
Composition, perspective, lighting, details - all's perfect!
It looks very realistic.

5 stars from me!

12 December 2005
Freaking a-w-e-s-o-m-e! Such amazing detail and great atmosphere. the only thing is the smoke looks a little to uniform and perfectly shaped to me - but I am just amazed. Wonderful stuff.

12 December 2005
This is amazing... Fantastic details, good composition, colors and lighting.

12 December 2005
Holy crap! Now there's a piece that's just screaming for a tutorial.

This deserves nothing less than a 5 star rating. Fantastic stuff!

12 December 2005
fantastik!

12 December 2005
Great work man

12 December 2005
Thumbs up

great wow nice postapocalyptic atmosphere

12 December 2005
Thanks! I am extremely glad you like it!

minminxu - Thank you! Yes, you're right. Painting such scenes is much more fun than actually umm.. seeing it in real life

Anarki3000 - Thanks man! That's exactly what I was thinking about during the work process - to draw something I'd be happy to see in F3 myself Just imagine this scene as a part of F3 location! Wouldn't it be fun to explore? Cheers

BlackBastet - Spasibki! Thank you very very much! I'm really glad you like it!

Elsie - Aw, thanks! Cuz' the last week it was all just about adding details and erazing multiplied by x100 Thanks!

Chiaotzu - Thank you!

Kapow - Thank you very much! Thanks for such pleasant comments but I think there's nothing too special and interesting to write a tutorial on I'm using Photoshop CS2 which I love for it's painting tools and rich opportunities for working on photo footage. Initial sketch was done in a couple of hours (always trying to keep sketching no longer than one'an'half or two hours). Using most of the time Standard Chalky brush set to 100% opacity jitter. Tablet: wacom intous 3. For 3d elements of this scene I used Softimage|XSI 5.0.

Pletter, Ahmed Hosny, Tomas Slobodnik - Thanks a lot guys! I appreciate Your attention and comments!

Last edited by Defonten : 12 December 2005 at 07:48 AM.

12 December 2005
To avoid redundancy I’ll just say ditto to all!! I would not have the patients for this kind of thing. Magnificent job!

12 December 2005
oO let me just stare a while!
ok..
This picture is just amazing! There are so many details and the tornado comes out great at the background.
Thats another example for painting detailed is also a great way to show realism.

12 December 2005
Thumbs up

I think you just made my wallpaper.

12 December 2005
Great idea! ) I like the billboard on the right Although after a nuclear war there wouldn't be so much left in the city probably...

Thread Closed share thread