Satan's Jester, Jose Pardo (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

12 December 2005
Satan's Jester, Jose Pardo (2D)

Title: Satan's Jester
Name: Jose Pardo
Software: Photoshop

Here is my "Spectacular" entry, any observations and crits are welcome. Also here is my final "story":
It was difficult for me to wrap my mind around the theme of this challenge. After all, we have seen so many Spectacular things both terrible and wonderful, in real life and in the entertainment industry.
I tried to think of the most spectacular thing I ever saw. A lot of things went through my mind, from the births of my children, to September 11th, to some of my favorite epic movies. But I wanted to do something different. For some reason, in the midst of a sleepless night "The Cat in the Hat" book scene where he is bouncing on the ball, balancing all the objects, came to my mind. (I really dont know why I have not read Dr Seuss to my children in years) But I had to take it to a Fantasy/SciFi environment for my own enjoyment. I must have been in a fairly dark mood because the title Satan's Jester came to mind immediately.
I figured he has seen so much... what would it take to impress him. Since I certainly dont know, I drew the most insane act of human acrobatics that I could muster, then drew Satan almost completely unimpressed.
So is it Spectacular? I dont really know. I do hope that the judges will be a little more impressed than the audience in my image.
Many thanks again to all who visited and posted!

Massive update to my site, tons of new art!

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.
Roy Batty, replicant.

12 December 2005
dude where have you been... i dont see u around the galleries much.well awesome work and congratulations on finishingthe challenge

12 December 2005
hehe,nice having u here in the gallery a great finished mate.u have my vote and best of luck to u in the final

12 December 2005
Poor Jokester

Congrats on finishing the challenge Jose. Nicely finished piece here. Well composed too. A few things i would have worked on more would be the background and the main character. The background could use some more depth by perhaps place the characters in a cavernouse surrounding. The head on the main character looks just a little bit large for that skewed perspective you have going here. I'm enjoying the dynamics you've managed to portray as well. Nice work.

12 December 2005
Wow...
Colors, details, composition - all is great here!
I especially love your idea.
Excellent job! Only 5 stars!

12 December 2005
oo nice colors and atmosphERE

12 December 2005
nice!!!

love the perspective you got there! and the bright colours!

12 December 2005
I like it very much! Looks great! Fantastic style, idea and colors. Keep it up and good luck!

12 December 2005
Thanks to all!

Rares- I didnt want to make hell into a cave, I wanted it mostly flames, probably could have given it more depth anyway. As for his head, you might be right, unless he's a fat head! ; ) The perspective and anatomy were difficult for me on this one. Thanks for your comments!

Good Luck to all in the judging!

Roy Batty, replicant.

12 December 2005
GREAT!!! looks incredible...great detail... good luck in the judging mate...

12 December 2005
hi.

hello jose..this is fine work..interesting idea..i like the way uve composed it, nice palette as well....

wish u all the very best with the entry.

my website;
www.waheednasir.com

12 December 2005
I feel a bit foolish: I completely missed this one for the spectacular challenge. Oops...

Well, here goes my belated comments: It definitely is a spectacular concept. I love the dynamic feel you have going. I particularly like the light bloom on the blade. Very nice. The jester is beautifully detailed. The colours are clean and great.

Well done!

12 December 2005
I was a bit rushed earlier today, but I dont like for people to feel ignored when they take the time to post in my threads:

Nebezial- Thanks man! I have been very busy with freelance lately. Fortunately most of it hit as I was finishing the challenge. I think I missed your entry though, I will go check it out!

Sh@ke- Thanks for the visit!

Rares- See previous post!

Ekaterina- Thanks, I wish you were one of the judges!

Gaianix- Thanks! much appreciated!

Phillip- Thank You!

Rawwad- Thanks for the visit! Love the avatar BTW!

Ducklator- Thanks for dropping by again!

Waheed- Thanks Sir, I am a big fan of your painterly style!

Lync- Thanks! I am always amazed at the gems that I find in the challenge after it is over, yours for example is extremely well rendered, fabulous textures, and very worthy of the theme!

OK I think that covers everyone! Thanks again to all for stoping by!

Roy Batty, replicant.

12 December 2005
cool style ,I like ur clear lines and color,good work!keep it up~

12 December 2005
uuu...

...cool

best regards
Robert

Thread Closed share thread