Boundary, Song Jae Hwon (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2005   #31
awesome

nice work buddy ...!!!"
i really like the character design

Old 12 December 2005   #32
Thumbs up WoW!

I really like this one! Her pose is awsome and you have given more life to the image by making her walk away. I dont se enough shinynes on the metals.
But anyway 4 stars!

Old 12 December 2005   #33
Wow, awesome. 4*'s here...cute girl, massive swords - always a great combination. The outfit and environment look nice too. Makes me feel all nostalgic for old fighting games now...

Old 12 December 2005   #34
Thumbs up wow wow woow

nice render cool charackter

Old 12 December 2005   #35
Nice costume and weapons, not crazy about her anatomy though.

Massive update to my site, tons of new art!

”I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.”
Roy Batty, replicant.

Old 12 December 2005   #36
Beautiful work! I love the sword and her pose! Great style

"I'm gonna need a hacksaw."
-Jack Bauer

-My website, check it out!!-

-"Recall" in Choice Award Gallery-

Old 12 December 2005   #37
WoW Great artwork!

Old 12 December 2005   #38
yea who ever said the 3d comment should be slapped. Nice job, cept that foot needs to be rotated 90 degrees or so.

Old 12 December 2005   #39
oooo great work man!! Shes sexay!

Old 12 December 2005   #40
Wow! Can she even wield that big sword? Would love to have a hi-res version of the image, any chance on that?

Old 12 December 2005   #41
Wickedly sweet character

I'm not going to be surprised when I see this beauty in the upcoming Exposé 4 book! In fact, it'd be a crime not to submit that *hint* *hint*

I love the style, the colors and surprisingly the clothes as well, especially the corset way too cool!

from me no doubt!

Old 12 December 2005   #42
Incredible painting job

I love the colors, I love the composition, I love the costume. But I am stuck on the anatomy.

Don't hate me, but here it goes.

There are three items that keep attracting my eye. The first and minor is the twist from hips to back transition. It doesn't seem to have one. It seems to be showing to views of the torso and hips stacked on top of each other. Maybe a crease in the clothing or showing the small of the back above the belt then have it twist away.

Secondly and more outstanding is the im proper twist of the elbow. If it wasn't for the thumb pointing to the lect I would think the whole arm was put on backwards. Try this one simple pose. Stand similiar to her. Now twist you are around so your elobw is pointing straight out from your body as it is in the picture. Now try to point your thumb out forward. Can't be done! The correct position with thumb forward would be the side profile of bicep then elbow. Only the radius twist near the wrist.

Third is the little rotation of the foot that is needed for her to balance on and not snap her ankle off.

Repeatedly from school to school my figure drawing and anatomy instrcutors said the same thing. Make sure your base anatomy is correct first!!!

Don't get me wrong the piece is near perfect! All comments are just to polish the piece to perfection.

Keep up the great work, and you have my vote for Exposé 4!!!

Old 12 December 2005   #43
That's really quite lovely. I especially love the strap to support the over-sized sword she's carrying. It's ace!

Old 12 December 2005   #44
Love the design, love the execution. One of the best character concepts I've seen here at cgtalk in a long time. (But I'm not a fan of the huge sword trend though.)

Old 12 December 2005   #45
Thumbs up

Nice work! Nice style and colours. The only crit I would have if I was being picky would be that the angle of her arm looks a bit odd. There seem to be some other minor anatomy issues as well, but none that jump out at you. Overall great job!

Thread Closed share thread