Female Ninja - Jen, Josh Nizzi (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2005
WOW! Beautiful scenery and great looking ninja. Very complete look and nice job.

11 November 2005
A few comments...

First of all, let me begin by saying that the piece is very well painted. Apart from that I have a couple of comments. I hope they wonīt offend you. These are my insights:

1. She looks more like a knight than a ninja due to the armor she is wearing
2. Hear braids fall rather straight instead of a natural-like hair flow.
3. Her face paint makes her look like sheīs an indian instead of a ninja. (once again, the braids donīt help either).
4. The tree on the left is a bit to close to the one behind it, creating a weird looking tangency.

Other than that, I think itīs a real nice piece. I like the way her feet fade into the ground, making her a bit invisible (the way real ninja were).

I hope my critiques didnīt get you down. I know that it made the cover of CGTalk, as a painting itīs very professional, but the tiny details can really be a pain in the neck. (I talk only from what I learned by my own experience.)

Keep up the good painting!

Dario Manoukian

11 November 2005
Thumbs up

You talk about deadly looking. Even her pony tails look like they can cause damage.

My only crit is the fact that she looks like she is composited in. As mentioned before almost like she is floating above the image a bit. A bit more blending should remedy that. Other than that she is a very innovative character. Not overly done with unrealistic body proportions.

Well done!

11 November 2005
Very cool

Awesome work! I love this piece. The lighting is awesome and the design of her outfit is great.

11 November 2005
Thumbs up

A very nice Image, tecnaly sound, It has a very atmospheric and tence look to it.
but the figure retains elegance and inapproachable allure.
I look forword to your future works.
well done.

11 November 2005
WOW do I like this piece! I can't even say why, it just says all the right things to me. Layout, color, simplicity.... heck, maybe even those great hips, heh.

Great job!

11 November 2005
The braids of the hair are pretty dominate in the way they sweep through the painting, but they're also stiff and I think that hurts the painting.

11 November 2005
wow! wonderfoul character and pose .

Great

11 November 2005
awesome stuff man

11 November 2005
Fantastic painting. I love the background. Great lighting and DOF. The foliage looks amazing.

I'm not sure about her hair though. Would it be flying around like that just from walking? It doesn't seem to suit the pose/action.

Minor crit of an incredible piece. Congrats on the front page!

art

11 November 2005
Very well rendered

My only crit would be that I miss something in the forefround - like a leaf or a branch or sth - could be blurred so that the focus could still be on the girl. Now I have this feeling that she stands in front of a displayed background and there is nothing in front of her. I just dont feel that she is in the middle of the forrest

11 November 2005
Your wife is hot!

11 November 2005
Congrats very beautifull draw, i like the atmosphere.

11 November 2005
wow

Congratulations, a piece of art really.
I really loved your work. Your wife must be proud isnīt she?
Wish u good luck to painter book, you will be there I believe.

Zupi Portal (eng)
www.drsketchy.com/
SketchySP
eduardo.janiszewski@gmail.com

11 November 2005
Wow, she is beautiful but you can also imagine that she would have no problem to kill you with one move which I find very attractive in a curious kind of way.

Awesome work.

Bye, Nico

Thread Closed share thread