Daisy The Driller, Aly Fell (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2005
brilliant work aly! What's the Thunderdome Challenge? could you provide a link or something?? Funny stuff.

11 November 2005
Very Well Done!!! You forgot to mention that Rockwell based his "Rosie the Riveter" after one of the side panel paintings of the Sybils done by Michelangelo on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel at the Vatican.......Keep up the good work, Norman would be impressed....

11 November 2005
Thumbs up

AAW! ^^ Great industrial pin-up pic!

11 November 2005
LoL she has a Blue Peter badge. Nice Touch

11 November 2005
kick ass gurly as always Aly, another killer piece for my Aly Fell collection

11 November 2005
Thought I would hunt down that Rockwell Painting you based it on Aly.
Im sure Rockwell would be Honored as you have indeed done him proud!

11 November 2005
Golly! Thankyou for the front page plug, whoever is responsible for such things!

B.Lizzart - Thankyou!

SamuraiKuroi - Cheers!

Araon - Thankyou too.

munozvelazquez - Hi David! Thanks, and yes, the lighting is a bit directionless, but some of that is deliberate. I have a habit of sticking rimlights on everything, and tried to avoid a too obvious one here.

erilaz - Thankyou.

Zukum - I was worried about the colour, as my home monitor is a bit squiffy, and doesn't look anything like what I get at work. Cheers!

Jose Pardo - Haha! Thanks Jose. I hope that's just you, but it's more likely me.

JM_JM - If you have a look at Henning Ludvigsens website, there's a step by step of one of my pieces.

Fenglei - Cheers to you also!

Darkskills - Thanks.

LS Knight - Another CA'er! Hello!

Sh@ke - Thanks friend.

Sir Neo -

Andy_H - Maybe a KitKat would have been better, but although it looks kind of dated, it's very much 'today'. I only finished it Sunday, as you can tell from the date! And I haven't given up on my Spectacular, I've just had previous committments first, of which this was one. But I don't think I'll be doing the image I want to do. Cheers for your support!

TR.Hades - Thanks a lot!

Duddlebug - Heheh! She's a healthy lass, all that work down on the site. You need a chocolate bar now and then!

Russell Collins - What a comment! Thanks.

Elsie - I've got to stop with the details. It can be a bit overkill sometimes, but I'm glad you noticed!

ANARKY - Thanks Andy. I'll try... promise...

Kaspaas - Thanks loads.

betito - Great compliment. Cheers!

Kyena - Hello Tascha! Honestly there is NO hidden meaning in the beer! Jonny mentioned it as well, and I swear it's all innocent... ahem...

Andy_H - Thanks again.

ashphaltcowboy - Hehheh!

JoeBananas - Eat more pies...

MattDixon - Thankyou Matt!

rblitz7 - I'm glad people get the Rockwell influence, and don't see it as too cheeky.

artjunkie - Cheers to you too!

W!L - The Thunderdome is on shhhh... ConceptArt.org

FitSFArtist - I didn't know that, but now you mention it I can visualise the image. Thanks!

kaffo - Thanks!

Mr_Saqib - I think it's one of the older designs as well!

the1st_angel - Thankyou Sacha.

ANARKY - I think you can see that mine is a pale shadow of Rockwells whose characterisation is second to none!

Thanks guys. I didn't quite expect the response this pic has got, but it's much appreciated!

11 November 2005
sweet character - on my desktop at work - a pinup i can get away with

11 November 2005
You really got it with this one, amazing technique... and a hot chick!. Would be great to have a duel with you at the tdome.

Congrats, front page.

pablo

11 November 2005
This is just flat out amazing, incredible.........This is not something I could nor never could do and I just can't imagine how you did it in the first place..all I can say is...awesome

11 November 2005
Really beautiful - I love all the ambient detail here- it's inspiring. However the only drawback - the beer foam looks like candle wax - its not bubbley and foamy like a beer would be - this is a small part of the image, but it stood out to me. I love the clean part of the eyes that would sit behind the mask. Great work! Great Subject! I love that the drill is a rockwell !

Last edited by TheShow : 11 November 2005 at 01:37 PM.

11 November 2005
This is soo nice! Truly a pleasure lookin at. And those boo...ts OMG ! :P !
Great job!

11 November 2005
WhooO!!! fantastic work Aly!

11 November 2005
I like the variances in the quality of the grease on her skin. It's very hard to do grease on skin and you show great sensitivity to the types of grease smears which not only reveal the type of impact which created the grease smear, but the underlying skin texture which maintains the grease.

Also, good articulation of the body to hold the viewers mind, it's a 3D kind of contrapusto not just a gravitational one.

Good job!

11 November 2005
Your best work, yet, Aly. This is so damn cool...One of the best pinup artists of the moment!

Thread Closed share thread