American Beauty, Guadalupe Divina (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2005
American Beauty, Guadalupe Divina (2D)

Title: American Beauty
Name: Guadalupe Divina
Software: Painter

"American Beauty" is a new work I made using painter, photoshop and poser to guide me building the body proportions, it took me several days and hours, the original piece was transferred to 13" x 19" inches luster paper and it is displayed at my art exhibition at the National Medical Center XXI century in Mexico City, where they gave the a chance to show my digital work from october 7th 2005 to february 5th 2006 togheter with the finest illustrators from Mexico. I am hoping to her your thoughts about this work and constructive opinions are always welcome since they help me to try to do it better, in advance I am aware I am still a long way to learn but I am very open to hear what other people have to say. Thank you in advance.

I fixed the nostrils and darker hair areas to give depth. Thank you for the comments, it helps me a lot!

>> Hi resolution image <<

10 October 2005
wow

I love that girl, looks great

10 October 2005
Smile

Yes ,beautiful girl,I like the skin details ,but I think the hair can do much details if u want ,I think must be better than before,hehe ,sorry for my poor English,~~have a nice day~!

10 October 2005
Very beautiful girl. Great work on her skintones. The detailing on her hair is nice but wish that I could see stronger, darker shadows in her hair (clothing too) to give it more volume. I know it is hard to cover up details that you worked so hard to paint in with a bunch of shadows but I think that is what her hair needs. The holes for her nostrils are too hard edged and black in my opinion. And finally, the background needs a bit more detail or possibly less detail. Right now the background is caught in between.

I think that this is a good piece so don't be discouraged by my crit. You have done a marvelous job so far.

10 October 2005
Arrow

hair and skin are amazing! Maybe some texture on the skin would make it a bit more believable, but that's just a matter of tastes I guess.

EDIT: You have really good stuff in your site, btw.

Last edited by DDS : 10 October 2005 at 10:15 AM.

10 October 2005
WOW~~~~~I love this pic~~~~the girl is very pretty~~~~and I like the colour~~~~~good job ~~~~~~~~

10 October 2005
Gotta agree with what PixelPlay is saying. Especially with the background- looks a little cheesy. Would love to see it in a way that brings out the flowers/feathers(I think less detail). But honestly, your work is great, skin tones are definately nice!

10 October 2005
Very nice painting! Beautiful soft colors and gentle lighting.

Awesome stuff! from me

10 October 2005
Thats very good divishow, I like the hair very much m8

good luck

10 October 2005
Beautiful but oh my god what kind of nostrils she has!

10 October 2005
Hello Divishow.

Like this picture allot. It got a clean/fresh feel to it. The things i thought about was that it needs more contrast, that her right eye seems a bit off (but people dont need to be perfect) and the last thing, her nostrils looks unfinished.

Besides that its an impressive picture and waiting for more fronpage stuff

Last edited by Belltann : 10 October 2005 at 11:25 AM.

10 October 2005
Wow!
I fall in love!

Fantastic!

10 October 2005
This is some really brilliant work. She's got a really alluring face.

Great job - 5 stars

10 October 2005
Very Nice! But she doesn´t look like a typical American beauty, but rather like a spanish one. Anyway, great work

Thread Closed share thread