Portrait Of Erica, Christine Kotlark (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2005   #31
Hey there - I like this a bunch. Your art has a weird airless quality to it that I actually like pretty well. I'd like to see more of the Anne Rice-ish stuff from you. Nice rich colors.

Old 09 September 2005   #32
Nice work !

but , i think the back of the head is too large, the hair streak is skew , the perspective seem to be wrong.

On the right, i just realign the back of the head, i think it's better like that , what do you think about ?

Old 09 September 2005   #33
Thank you everyone for the comments and critiques!
Falfa, yes that does look much better I wouldnt have noticed that until not looking at the painting for a while. Thats what happens to me, I give my eyes a break from it and then everything pops out at me, I'm sure that happens to everyone. I think with all of the help and tips I've gotten I will revise it
Thanks again for all the feedback!

Old 09 September 2005   #34
it seems quite coold,

I loved the eyes.

in general , it a lovely work.... !

Old 09 September 2005   #35
hey, how come this makes the top banner whilst my Ork pic sits there in obscurity! I DEMAND RECOGNITION!

...oh and, uh that's a lovely pic.

Old 09 September 2005   #36
Ownest? Her face looks too two dimensional and flat.
Needs more dark/lights difference i guess.

But apart from that, nice painting

Old 09 September 2005   #37
Originally Posted by IgnusDei: hey, how come this makes the top banner whilst my Ork pic sits there in obscurity! I DEMAND RECOGNITION!

...oh and, uh that's a lovely pic.

LOL!

too funny!

technically a great painting, doing something to this level of detail/realism has its drawbacks since the whole image gets scrutinised and you cant get away with any imperfections as opposed to a painterly piece. Maybe lighten it up and add depth of field??

anyway good work!

Last edited by SpaceTik : 09 September 2005 at 10:18 AM.

Old 09 September 2005   #38
level of detail...

Hi, the photorealism is good about the picture. The hair consists of threads: it would look better if it was more of a solid mass, with something standing out here and there - like the masters painted hair about 100 years ago. Also, worth considering: there could be less focused areas among more focused areas, if you get my meaning: the eyes, naturally, should be focused, as they are - but the skin details shouldn't stand out as much as they do now. Portrait-wise, that is. All a matter of taste, naturally.

Old 09 September 2005   #39
this..........

the detail is too much......... I cann't see other .........thing ....some more importance

Old 09 September 2005   #40
Very nice painting- love the colours and overall feel of it. The hair looks fantastic!

Old 09 September 2005   #41
Originally Posted by ChrissyKotlark: ...I wouldnt have noticed that until not looking at the painting for a while. Thats what happens to me, I give my eyes a break from it and then everything pops out at me, I'm sure that happens to everyone....

So very true, I can honestly say the same happens to me with any piece I spend significant time on. This is when the master's would flip their painting or drawing upside down or like you essentially said, take a break!

Anyways, I really like this portrait (from the thumbnail I thought it to be a 3d model). The simplicity of the shirt works very well, my eyes are drawn straight to her face. Well done.

Old 09 September 2005   #42
u've beautifull sister :-) 4* :-) gr8 job :-)

Old 09 September 2005   #43
Awesome

Excellent artwork! The only thing I can point out is that the eye baseline is a bit off compared to the mouth´s. They should be parallel.

Old 09 September 2005   #44
Good work but her eyes looks dead!
I think you need to work more on eye painting try to give your charecter more life.
I have nothing to say about the skin painting it's awesome

Old 09 September 2005   #45
Good work

One crit: what happened with her jaw?

Thread Closed share thread