Portrait Of Erica, Christine Kotlark (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2005   #1
Portrait Of Erica, Christine Kotlark (2D)

Title: Portrait Of Erica
Name: Christine Kotlark
Software: Painter

This is a portrait of my daughter Erica, she is also the model for Emericka, my teen witch series. It was fun to paint her normal LOL. Thank for any feedback.

>> Hi resolution image <<

Old 09 September 2005   #2
you do a really great job at painting based from an image, the depth, skin tones, lighting and all that work really well...

how about using that skill and create a character from your imagination and not a photo...

it would be great to see what you could come up with...

great job overall and good luck if you do decide to go with it...

-rj

Old 09 September 2005   #3
gr8 job man ...

4* from me ...

Old 09 September 2005   #4
Good work thought, but I think you have to fix the image levels and contrast, because it's almost died...

Old 09 September 2005   #5
The lighting looks quite like poor flash photography... is this a problem with the original photo (if thats how it was done?)

Old 09 September 2005   #6
This is a really detailed work, but show us how you achived that highly detailed "poory or poored (pores - holes in skin)" effect. I'm amazed.

Old 09 September 2005   #7
The automatic sharpening CGTalk adds to all images kills your image, the one behind the link is a lot better. Great work, wish I could paint like that.

Old 09 September 2005   #8
Really great work!

Very soft rendering and shadows, colors are great too.
Good work, keep it up!

Old 09 September 2005   #9
Awesome work

Old 09 September 2005   #10
Thank you so much everyone for the feedback, It's greatly appreciated! Yes the mistake with this painting is trying too much to copy the reference photo instead of going with instinct, but I have definitly learned what not to do next time

Thanks again!

Old 09 September 2005   #11
This is a real masterpiece Chrissy

Old 09 September 2005   #12
Wow, very nice work, when i saw the minipic at the top of the pae i thought it was a 3D girl...amazing man

Old 09 September 2005   #13
Originally Posted by nocric: This is a really detailed work, but show us how you achived that highly detailed "poory or poored (pores - holes in skin)" effect. I'm amazed.

Porous

Awesome work man, I thought this was 3D at first

Old 09 September 2005   #14
i also thought it was a 3d model from the thumbnail on the front page...great job on this and i agree with the lighting comments...looks a little gray
how did you do the pores on the skin? A brush you made?
the part in her hair looks a little too low on her head...but it probably was like that in the photo so its probably correct

Old 09 September 2005   #15
could you post the photo-reference you used for this pic? I find a few inconsistencies between the different faceparts. The rightcorner of her left eye does not align correctly with the left corner of right eye as the curvature of the left eye might suggest. Also, the mouth seems skewed to one side unless her head is really turned to oneside but that is not what is suggested by the flatness of the left eye. Also, the shading on the bottom chin is too decisive and she looks like she has a angular jaw.

Thread Closed share thread