Rescuing Areti, Dan Phyillaier (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2005   #61
Nice painting love the perspective, keep up the great work!

Old 08 August 2005   #62
My first thought when I looked at this was Oh No! those poor children are going to fall to thier deaths. I love everything else about this painting, the style, background, composition and concept. I would love to see this repainted with the figures both running so they can make it, they're to cute to die.

Euphrosyne

Old 08 August 2005   #63
My impression is that the boy is imagining this whole thing, and he is really into it, rescuing the princess and all that, and the girl likes him so she plays along with it and is enjoying herself-- in reality they are jumping off a low brick wall in front of his house, while his mom watches from the front porch.

Old 08 August 2005   #64
Just wanted to say, well done!

Old 08 August 2005   #65
Really lovely work!

The only thing that bothers me is that the actual pose/facial expressions of the characters don't make sense. The boy will not be able to jump across with the girl standing like that, and the girl looks a little too happy for someone who's about to make a dangerous jump. I know you want her to look happy and confident in the boy's ability to rescue her, but she doesn't necessarily look that way--more like he just gave her a toy teddy bear. I think if you had her in a pose that looks like she's ready to jump with him, and her face shows hope and optimism instead of a cuddly smile, it'll convey your message better.

Old 08 August 2005   #66
quality work, nice job.

Old 08 August 2005   #67
Talking

Beautifully! There is no way to turn away!
5*4U

Old 08 August 2005   #68
All the same than lunatique.
But...what is surprising in your picture is that we first see the kids, and after that few details on their clothes... But 5 second after you realize how much the background rocks!
This old castle is amazing!

My 2 D Challenge-The Journey Begins-

Old 08 August 2005   #69
wow really nice work and so poetic. good job !

Old 08 August 2005   #70
Beautiful, I love the color scheme. Make more, more, more!

5 Stars.

Old 08 August 2005   #71
Thumbs up Bravo!!

I think this is a marvelous piece. I also like the poses, for they capture the essence of children. I have a son that can commit any of those two poses at any time. Children have this innate ability to stop in mid tracks and fall into a thoughtful pose. I.e. the girl. My first and only criticism, was I thought the girl should be looking at him. Girls do stop and fall into that mystical and faraway gaze at times. Iím sure they will cherish this painting for the rest of their lives! Well done.

Old 08 August 2005   #72
Really great,I like this a lot.

Old 08 August 2005   #73
great piece and style but yeah looking at it I feel there is no way they could possibly survive that small jump at this point. if he does jump across either she will pull him down or she will pull him back and he will fall.

However, im imagining these two "playing castle" as you say. And nothing around them is real, maybe they're walking across a small plank in a park and the rest is all in their head. Eitherway id prefer to see the girl attentive and in pose to jump with him.

Old 08 August 2005   #74
Overall a fantastic piece!

However, I think the girl's pose and expression almost completely brings the moment in this piece to a total stand still. The boy's pose is great, very convincing and full of motion, but I feel the girl should be running as well, maybe with a scared or surprised expression, instead of just standing and staring adoringly at the boy.

I know you're trying to show the viewer that she has complete faith in the boy and would fallow him to the ends of the earth... With her running behind him about to jump the chasm, she's already showing her faith in the boy's actions, there's really no need for her to be standing still to convey this to the viewer.

Just my two cents. I think if you revisit this piece and repaint the girl, it would be nearly perfect. And as I said before, overall it's great. I love your painting style and the background is beautifully rendered. Now, go and repaint that girl.

M

Old 08 August 2005   #75
Woooow,this is really art.This is the art i would like to see always but it is unusual and this piece is unique.

Thread Closed share thread