2006 Type-25, Gary Tonge (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2005   #46
I too had no idea that this was 2D. It seriously never even crossed my mind that this wasn't a 3D work. Amazing...

Old 07 July 2005   #47
top notch man u did a good job! impressive car

portfolio : www.geocities.com/nardsdesign
favourite links : www.actionscript.org, www.ultrashock.com, www.javascript.com

Old 07 July 2005   #48
Excellent

I can't wait to see the others.

Old 07 July 2005   #49
It's awesome, the colours, the reflections, the composition... man I love it! from me

Old 07 July 2005   #50
Awesome render.

Old 07 July 2005   #51
Man i must say very very impressive work

Old 07 July 2005   #52
thats work, u cant top i think ...i am not informed about... but is this car a real prototype, coming up? yes right?

...with much respect,
TeeWorks

Old 07 July 2005   #53
The reflections are just perfect! Love the environment to. One of the best 2D cars I've seen.
Good work!

Old 07 July 2005   #54
Gday mate,

Awesome pic and a seriously rocking environment setup. From looking at the original version to the completed image, its clear how much you've sharpened, lightened and coloured this car and turned it into a mean machine. The reflections even look clearer and more concise! This image is really impressive

Top notch

Old 07 July 2005   #55
O

M

G

You sir, are an arteest.

Good to see that these hybrid designs are starting to build momentum. A little ironic though, that volcanoes jettison massive amounts of pollution into the atmosphere.

Last edited by Nathellion : 07 July 2005 at 02:05 PM.

Old 07 July 2005   #56
Wow Gary, very nice image. You did a nice job! Awesome!

Visit my online portfolio

Old 07 July 2005   #57
Wow, thanks for all the replies everybody, thank you for taking the time to comment.

I’ll just answer the messages containing questions here if that’s ok:

HankLAu - Basically I used the low res image (1024x768) – scaled it up (which was horrid as the nasty JPG artefacts became enormous) to 3k and then basically started to paint the “final car” from there. It is always a task to keep the integrity of the bodyworks shape and reflective properties when changing the lighting set-up. Realistically reflecting orange things off blue paint was tricky to balance. I also had to be aware that the car had to continue to look like the final production model; It might be mad, but it’s still a real car.

I will post some full res cuttings if I get the chance

SkyisnotthelimitI think this was probably about 16-17 hours work – maybe a little more. It’s difficult to tell as I painted it when I had a spare minute. I enhanced the original low-res image – adding details and options to the car to fit Type-25 spec.

TeeWorksCorrect – this car is going to be the 2006 model Type-25 Hybrid. It’s a reengineered STi “Spec C” Japaneese import with a new engine and a lot of other work. They are due out in about 2-3 months I believe. If you have ~Ł40-42k that is… :O

Thanks to everybody who has commented – I wish I had the time to reply to you all.

Best,

G. x

Old 07 July 2005   #58
Thumbs up

Thats incredible!

Old 07 July 2005   #59
Originally Posted by heehee222: That's the 2006 STi, nothing really changed except for the headlights. A whole new model will ocme out 2007.

a little more than just the headlights changed.....grill is different, bumper is different, rear end is different, and they went back to the 02 hoodscoop. you are right though, a total facelift is planned for 07. personally i love my 02 WRX

on topic......Great work Antifan i love what you did with the 04/05 STi Type 25!

M
HCM #18 - Turbocharger

Old 07 July 2005   #60
Heck Gary, I had to control myself not to swear here! This is outstanding... Being a car I didn't immediately associate it with you... but this is 2d!!! Incredible work!

Thread Closed share thread