..too Sweet, Natascha Roeoesli (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2005
My hats off to you on this peice, nice work!

5 Stars baby!
Passing good, or eles black lead."

06 June 2005
Hyena !

I been dreaming about mudwrestling with u all day!

06 June 2005
umm wow..this is one of my typical cancer (zodiac) days I guess - from being totally down and feeling bad about my art to be happy and cheerful to have people commenting and enjoying my art - I am still a bit confused and thanks so much about the front page plug.

Jomina: thank you they can - all you need to do is explore your surroundings closely and use what you see and memorize in your art

Rasdas: thank you for the input about the eyes and the nose - I might try that once I am brave enough to open that .psd file again. I always say that once I stop to improve with each painting - at least something I was able to learn from it - even it was from mistake - I am happy ^^

Mirwan: thank you Comparing me to Linda would be way out of my league though.

StormrageJunior: thanks :]

Vincent Walhem: why - thank you I guess?

Trower: what influences do you mean and thanks on the development ^^

Sylanya: Many thanks. I am really glad you enjoy my art :]

DrFx: aww thank you so much and wow that second link is insane..I wouldn't believe it myself until I have seen that guy paint with my own eyes..or brush to that matter..

teknotek83: yeah I know - I was not going for totally correct anatomical propotions here..still if you would check it with nature I have to agree with you. An A- is still awesome in my book

Sunce1971: I agree that painting people has a stronger effect - meaning stronger feedback. I guess it is because we feel more "connected" to it? Thank you for the compliment too ^^

mosonariz: I really almost gave up on here..basically because I noticed that I did it again (not planning out my workflow properly). And thank you so much ^^

Nick: thanks - as far as realistic style I guess this is indeed one of my bests..however it's alwas easier to paint more close face studies imo. Gonna see you on Friday probably - and I am working on that sci-fi piece

loocas: absolutely not innocent, you are totally right there - thank you very much ^^

jdsb: muchas gracias :]

Neil: teheh it is actually intentional - I dunno - I just had the urge to add some blue down there..BUT - I forgot it under her other eye..which was pretty dumb..doesn't make a lot of sense I know..sometimes I just have to do stuff..in my paintings..I actually wish her arm didn't cover so much of her chest piece..it looked much better before (the actual rendering of the carapace can be seen on the step zip)

Riddick: Since I am an old rabbit I would be her older sister but like I mentioned earlier somewhere in my answers: I would be way out of my league to be compared to Linda. Besides our way of using colors is quite different. Her paintings are way more vibrant and "right". But I am trying to improve and she sure is a great inspiration It's not a bad thing to be compared to someone else, as long as I don't get the impression of actually being too close - or even copy someone elses style.

Spc: thanks a lot :]

ered dium: thanks to you too! ^^

byanfu: it's easy to add a lot of details on a closeup of a person. Much more tricky to actually make something look interesting from futher away. ^^

JARhead: Many thanks

Squibbit: LOL I suck at mudwrestling - but you can take me to the Softball-Field to either pitch or hit some ball any day

My website

06 June 2005
wow! i'm speachless! her skin looks beautiful! I love how you putthose faint freckles on her cheeks!

06 June 2005
Originally Posted by Kyena: Squibbit: LOL I suck at mudwrestling

riiiiiiiiiiiight

i don't believe u

06 June 2005
awesome work!! its outstanding the way u pulled out the dof effect .

06 June 2005
Interesting concept. I like the sense of depth acheived with the varying focus. My only crit is, that to me, her face looks a bit too long and she has a slight weak chin with an overbite and large top front teeth. I just don't find her face seductive enough for the concept. That may well be personal taste, but I would picture a face more like Adrianna Lima.
Much more seductive and has an air of temptation, danger or mystery wrapped in a sweet package.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AL photo.jpg (47.1 KB, 34 views)

Last edited by webhead : 06 June 2005 at 11:55 PM.

07 July 2005
very nice, Kyena!

i appreciate the way you seem to have captured the attitude of the bee too. It's been touched upon, but i can't help but reiterate how her expression (to me) is saying 'i'm cute, fuzzy, and a beautiful creature -but be careful, i could sting you at any moment!'

great job!

ben

07 July 2005
Thumbs up

beautiful work, original.
Zool77

07 July 2005
Hana-chan: They are very easy to do - I actually made a custom brush for them. Then went over with a normal brush to correct some here and there and make them appear more naturally

Iuima: thank you :]

webhead: hmm it was not that much about being seductive and dangerous to start with. That would nullify my whole point. Also the face had to have some bee-like influences (the big eyes worked well for that I think. They actually were all black to start with. I am still not sure if I should have left them black/very darkish.

nDman: thanks

jammin: that is pretty much what I wanted her to get over to the viewer, thanks a lot!

zool77: Many thanks ^^

My website

Last edited by Kyena : 07 July 2005 at 06:41 AM. Reason: Wrong spelled nickname

07 July 2005
very nice, would be cool to see some more depth in the background, but fantastic!

07 July 2005
damn! pure beauty!
i like all of your artworks but this is best of yours.
And i'm sure that the next one will be best. I'll wait for the next with my four eyes.

07 July 2005
great art!

very realistic, with style although (not as some where the photo graphic reference is obvious)

07 July 2005
Great result Natascha

Admitted I wondered about this piece for quite a while. The look in the eyes, and the foreground arm focus work, as has been said, is a great confident step forward in your work. Well done.

Thread Closed share thread