"grinding", Brice Shultz (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2005   #1
"grinding", Brice Shultz (2D)

Title: "grinding"
Name: Brice Shultz
Software: Photoshop

Created entirely in Photoshop working off and on for a couple weeks (busy college student). I scanned in a sketch of mine that I drew when I had a major headache and the pain of basic college life. I came up with this, which surprisingly is very close to how I imagined it would like when I drew it originally. The idea was to convey an emotion. The right hand irks me still a little but I don't think it takes away from the entire piece.
Comments and suggestions are very welcome.
Thanks! I hope you enjoy it!
Brice

Old 03 March 2005   #2
i think the light in this is realy great, though the overall image is a bit blurry for my taste. though im sure thats just the style yuo were going for. it helps convey that painful feeling i spose.

anyway, i like this pic. good work.

Old 03 March 2005   #3
I think that the right hand looks okay. Since most of the other edges in the piece are blurry, the hand seems to blend right in. I think you did a good job on this.

I see that you are a filmmaking student here in the USA. May I ask where you go to school? I go to RIT(Rochester Institute of Technology) but am looking to transfer out. Thanks!

Old 03 March 2005   #4
I had it blurry on the edges to help sell that the light is so intense it is causing the highlights on the skin to glow. Glad that you like it. I can't wait to get it printed really nice and big.

Chris - I am currently attending Cal State University Monterey Bay. The film program is alright, since the school is still small there is a lot of projects to work on and the teachers are very approachable. Over this summer I'm gonna start working on my thesis film, possibly shooting it on 16mm (because film is always better than video).

B

Old 03 March 2005   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread