Characters: Cat And Mouse, Steven Stahlberg (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2005   #1
Characters: Cat And Mouse, Steven Stahlberg (2D)

Title: Characters: Cat And Mouse
Name: Steven Stahlberg
Software: Maya, Photoshop

Finally finished this, two characters from a kind of retro all-female furry world, the hard-boiled private eye cat and the femme fatale mouse, posing right after having blown away the bad guy (what was she... maybe a badger woman?). Just some silly fun.
Groundplane, cars, 1 leg, originally done in Maya.

Old 02 February 2005   #2
I like the concept and I love the color of the lips..but what's with the teal color spot?? Is that her eye?

Ed

Old 02 February 2005   #3
Flex Giddy, have you ever seen the a cat's eyes in the darkness?
very nice inage Ilike this "retro" style

Old 02 February 2005   #4
Arrow

Amazing work and concept. Nice feeling of 60's. Some "Bulet" stuff I found here or gangster Chicago period

Old 02 February 2005   #5
A Gorgeous image. You've hit the style and mood very well. Love the cute Mouse Woman!!

Old 02 February 2005   #6
lovely lighting !!....its nice to see the clarity between the different textures of different cloth material ...

Old 02 February 2005   #7
It is wonderful being able to see number of your new work here. you are making cgtalk even more so special past afew days.
i saw this in WIP version at Sijun, and i thought, man, there ISNT a thing this man CANT do. i never found furry stuff interesting nor worth a try, but you seem to have put that whole genre into a new angle.

i love how it has classic film noir feel to it. excellent lightings and details. thank you for kicking so much ass.

Old 02 February 2005   #8
it's finally finished
stunning lighting and great concept !!..thank you for making this site better whith every image you put..really !

Old 02 February 2005   #9
nice job

Furrys are even more creepy than clowns. Always love your work. Very nice monochromatic image with just a touch of color here and there to move the eye around.

Cheers
Don

Old 02 February 2005   #10
steven, dear.. you're a genius.

ciao
francesca

Old 02 February 2005   #11
Hi Steven,

I am one of your biggest fans, but I am not crazy about this image. It looks great, but the cat and mouse look more like people with fake animal ears at a costume party. I love the concept and the all female thing and your technique is beautiful as usual.

Massive update to my site, tons of new art!

”I've seen things you people wouldn't believe.”
Roy Batty, replicant.

Old 02 February 2005   #12
amazing as usual,love the vintage feel to it and very lovely lighting

Old 02 February 2005   #13
ohhh...duh... okay I got it now...but hey it was three in the morning when I saw it...brain no function well at that time...

Ed

Old 02 February 2005   #14
Originally Posted by Jose Pardo: I am one of your biggest fans, but I am not crazy about this image. It looks great, but the cat and mouse look more like people with fake animal ears at a costume party. I love the concept and the all female thing and your technique is beautiful as usual.

Same here; the concept is a good one (and it looks terrific), but it could be strengthened a bit more. Maybe if you make the characters resemble more of the animal, perhaps that would help it - more anthropomorphic and less human.

Cheers.

Old 02 February 2005   #15
Steven,

First off, let me say that I love your work ... I've watched your web site for years now.

I have two things to ask about this image, though. First, is it just me or does the pupil of the cat character's eye (the one in the dark) look a little high, when compared to the other eye? I know it's just the pupil that reflects like that, and not the iris, so maybe that's why it seems higher to me. Just thought I'd ask. It looks cool partially hidden behind the brim of the hat ...

The other item that struck me is the point of light near the cat character's right hand ... in the shadows. What's that hot spot from? Is it a reflection from something in the foreground? Again, just curious. Maybe I'm reading the image wrong ...

*** Edit *** Yep ... I was reading the image wrong ... it's a cigarette ... duh. Nevermind ...heh. Hmmm ... maybe they just shot the "animal control" officer? Hah hah. *** / Edit ***

Love the image over all, though. Sweet idea ... and fantastic characters ...

Last edited by neofisk : 02 February 2005 at 11:26 PM.

Thread Closed share thread