Potter Mania, Mike S (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2005
Potter Mania, Mike S (2D)

Title: Potter Mania
Name: Mike S
Software: Photoshop

This is my first forum post ever, so I'm trying it out with some of my Geek art. I love Harry Potter, and this image is from a scene in the Fith book " Order of the Pheonix". I'm new to the digital painting craze, but I'm trying to get with the program. Let me know what you think :)

01 January 2005
HP and the thresthral looks great but...the background can do some improvement. Nevertheless, good job!

01 January 2005
i'm a potter geek too! yay!
its awesome, except i think the sky could have been worked at some more :P. i remember that part when hermione, him, ron, gina i think her name is, and luna go to some place.
anyway, good work! really like it!

01 January 2005
Good start, but as mentioned the sky and clouds could use some work, also the sky looks too light and the painting lacks a strong sence of light, and atmosphere... I can see the lighting on HP's face, but the rest of the painting doesnt support it.

Cheers.

01 January 2005
Smile

Hi! You have an excellent start to your image. I like it in general. The only thing I think you need to do is balance the contrast levels of the elements in your picture. Things in the foreground should have the same contrast level. For example, one place to start is with the creature HP is riding. HP's face has darker darks than the creature. Correct this and you will go a long way towards completing it.

Also, are they riding at night in moonlight? If so the lighting isn't entirely consistent with moonlight. In this case, you may need to adjust your your hi and mid tones to cooler colors. Darks can stay in the warm region. Moonlight tends to yield high contrast between lights and darks (much like chiarosuro lighting).

Anyhow, that's my two cents. Good luck. Your picture demonstates a lot of talent, especially for a first attempt. Keep going at it.

Regards,

01 January 2005
Thanks guys and gals, you've all given me some great ideas, and ways to improve my image. I'm glad I posted!

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread