Battle Angel, Tariq Raheem (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2005   #46
Wow man..awsome artwork..no critz fro me..This will be a nice concept art for Battle Angel Alitia movie..

Old 01 January 2005   #47
Talking

I guess I’m just one more person telling you how good it looks. A bit jealous really! Looks awesome. Personally I think it’s perfect as is! I saw it yesterday on the top section of the home page.

Old 01 January 2005   #48
Great posts.

Hi guys,

Thank you all for the crits, comments and kudos on my pic. I really must say there have been some really constructive crits about the metal texture especially. So thanks to all and keep em' commin'.
This being said I would like to shed some info and history about the piece.
There has been some confusion and controversy about this piece ( which all artists relish ),as to when it was done and who did it ? As everyone now probably knows I am both 'Tariqr' and 'Tariq12'.
I posted this piece up some two years ago, still unfinished and wondering if I was ever going to finish it or not. Then in 2003 I was @ the San Diego comic con where I showed the pic to Kevin Eastman, president of 'Heavy Metal Magazine'. He loved the pic and wanted it for the Nov 2004 cover. He only wanted me to extend the top so the HM logo could fit.
I finally had a reason to finish the piece to my satisfaction. I had to be careful not to put too much detail so the pic was not going to be altered too dramatically.
I also wanted to alter the background as I found it made the figure look too constricted. I wanted to give it a sense of space, like she was waiting for a retro fit in a warehouse. I altered the original background by pushing it back and fitting in a partial structure in the middle ground. A bit of haze, some lighting effects and a few hoses strategically placed did the job.
I also added a few floating droids to give it that extra sci-fi edge (as if a sexy chick in a full suit of cybernetic battle armour wasn't sci-fi enough).
So that's all of it in a nutshell. I hope I have answered most of your questions.
Thanx again guys, and keep posting,

You can visit my site on wwwtariqart.com
Hope you like my pics.
Peace!

Old 01 January 2005   #49
awesome work.. the metal is gorgeous and I love the blurred background like that.. hot pic!

Old 01 January 2005   #50
Hi guys,
Thank you all for the crits, comments and kudos on my pic. I really must say there have been some really constructive crits about the metal texture especially. So thanks to all and keep em' commin'.
This being said I would like to shed some info and history about the piece.
There has been some confusion and controversy about this piece ( which all artists relish ),as to when it was done and who did it ? As everyone now probably knows I am both 'Tariqr' and 'Tariq12'.
I posted this piece up some two years ago, still unfinished and wondering if I was ever going to finish it or not. Then in 2003 I was @ the San Diego comic con where I showed the pic to Kevin Eastman, president of 'Heavy Metal Magazine'. He loved the pic and wanted it for the Nov 2004 cover. He only wanted me to extend the top so the HM logo could fit.
I finally had a reason to finish the piece to my satisfaction. I had to be careful not to put too much detail so the pic was not going to be altered too dramatically.
I also wanted to alter the background as I found it made the figure look too constricted. I wanted to give it a sense of space, like she was waiting for a retro fit in a warehouse. I altered the original background by pushing it back and fitting in a partial structure in the middle ground. A bit of haze, some lighting effects and a few hoses strategically placed did the job.
I also added a few floating droids to give it that extra sci-fi edge (as if a sexy chick in a full suit of cybernetic battle armour wasn't sci-fi enough).
So that's all of it in a nutshell. I hope I have answered most of your questions.
Thanx again guys, and keep posting,

You can visit my site on wwwtariqart.com
Hope you like my pics.
Peace!

Old 01 January 2005   #51
Cool

Tariq

I'm a great fan of Hajime Sorayama
I'm a great fan of HR Giger

and this 'sexy as plugged in babes can get' transcends both, with a morbid MATRIX overhaul.

delicious

I love it.

Old 01 January 2005   #52
Question

Originally Posted by hertzchim: Tariq

I'm a great fan of Hajime Sorayama
I'm a great fan of HR Giger

and this 'sexy as plugged in babes can get' transcends both, with a morbid MATRIX overhaul.

delicious

I love it.

It's pretty hard to say if it transcends Geiger or not, but it definitely has nothing to do with Sorayama, in my oppinion. Just because she's a sexy female robot... anyway. It's a great image. I like the textures a lot.

Old 01 January 2005   #53
Awesome work.

Old 01 January 2005   #54
Thumbs up

We´re all so astonished by master work at metal that forgot to look at hair: it needs more work at midtones, at back is only a black mass. Besides, it´s only me or the face have some kind of reflections?.

I have too an old version of this work in my HD for years, I like it a lot, and now is even better. Congratulations!

John Connor (T2)

Old 01 January 2005   #55
Originally Posted by DgtlRtst: You might want to check out master Illustrator, Hajime Sorayama's female robots. I've admired his work for over 12 years and his chrome is absolutely amazing. Just my 2 cents.

DgtlRtst - WOW - Thanks for the reference! Sorayama IS indeed amazing and I'm very glad to know about him now.

Tariq - Killer work!!

Old 01 January 2005   #56
I think this work is fantastic for so many reasons, all have been mentioned here. Great work!

Critique/Comment/Possibly Personal Taste: I really wish in a work that has so much feeling of realism in the look and in the emotion conveyed, that the breasts weren't so unrealistically large. She would be so much more sexy with realistically sized large breasts (if you've got o have big) instead of disproportionately large. Look at Soriyama for a perfect example of what i mean.

Cheers, Kudos!

Old 01 January 2005   #57
great work Tarek!

Hi, Tarek this is a perfect painting, keep it up
where are you from actually, this is .Ameer Magdy from Egypt

Old 01 January 2005   #58
Great Work and everything. Was this at all inspired by the Battle Angel Alita manga? or an original composition?

Looks great though (ps i didn't read any other posts so if this was mentioned then...)

Old 01 January 2005   #59
nice an excellent piece of work...

Old 01 January 2005   #60
Smile

The metal texture is spot on. I also like the way you created depth in the oic great job.

Thread Closed share thread