Battle Angel, Tariq Raheem (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

01 January 2005
Amazing, simply amazing. The metal texture is almost godlike!

01 January 2005
I can just repeat what everyone says: metal look perfect

01 January 2005
Right, the armor work is impressive

01 January 2005
I don't believe in deleting posts, so move along, the original post was just me being stupid (again).

But I will say excellent work.

The old stupid post. :P :

----------------------------
Umm, guys?

This has been posted before. :|

I'm convinced that this guy stole this artwork from someone else because I know I saw it when I first signed up, and this guy only has one post.

I've been searching for the first thread I saw it in, but to no avail so far. I'll keep looking.

Last edited by Virum : 01 January 2005 at 09:38 AM. Reason: FOR MY INCREDIBLE STUPIDITY

01 January 2005
Keep moving along....just more of my stupidity :(

----------------------------
Found it!

CLICK HERE

Edit: I know there are differences, but it's pretty much the same picture. :(

Edit 2: The similarities between the usernames kind of indicates it could be the same person. :-\ Perhaps I've made myself look like a jackass. :P

If it is, my apologies for falsely accusing you. I'm tired, and I should have gone to bed hours ago.

Last edited by Virum : 01 January 2005 at 09:38 AM. Reason: FOR MY INCREDIBLE STUPIDITY

01 January 2005
Are you sure??

Dude calm down. I've got the oryginal he made some time ago and it's got the same logo on it thats on his web page + look at his login TARIQ12 - linked to TARIQART.com
On his site the oryginal is dated 1983. The file I downloaded in september 2003 was called TARIQR.jpg and yes looked just like the file in your other post (and the logos the same). TARIQR looks a whole lot like Tariq Raheem for short eh?
He had a small post count when he mailed the oryginal too. Maybe he just moved? (oryginal post Australia - now living in the UK from what the profile says). Anyhow if he was a thief I highly doubt he'd call himself the same name as the artist

Just adding my two cents before this gets started

Dated sep 2003 on my HD

Last edited by 3dRaven : 01 January 2005 at 09:17 AM.

01 January 2005
Originally Posted by 3dRaven: Dude calm down. I've got the oryginal he made some time ago and it's got the same logo on it thats on his web page + look at his login TARIQ12 - linked to TARIQART.com
On his site the oryginal is dated 1983. The file I downloaded in september 2003 was called TARIQR.jpg and yes looked just like the file in your other post (and the logos the same). TARIQR looks a whole lot like Tariq Raheem for short eh?
He had a small post count when he mailed the oryginal too. Maybe he just moved? (oryginal post Australia - now living in the UK from what the profile says). Anyhow if he was a thief I highly doubt he'd call himself the same name as the artist

Just adding my two cents before this gets started

Dated sep 2003

Yeah...I just noticed. Should have been more careful. What can I say, I'm sick, tired, and I should have been in bed hours ago.

And before I make myself out to be an even bigger jackass. :(

Sorry.

*shuts up and hides in embarassment*

/stupid.

01 January 2005
Simply stunning !

01 January 2005
It's neat man, but i think the whole image is over saturated. Maybe you should desaturate it abit and leave the strong colors only in astrategic points. Maybe it's saturating only the background, or changing it's colors to something less yellow... More then that, maybe you should try to take the rust layer (hoping you do have it seperated) and lower it's opacity... It feels too much to me... good work anyway!

Last edited by Self-Designer : 01 January 2005 at 10:07 AM.

01 January 2005
Wow i really like this piece!

01 January 2005
Excellent work.

But I prefer the old one, that one published 2 years ago.

It's just my taste.

Good Bye

ago-stino

01 January 2005
I've seen a picture of a model in this pose before but I can't put my finger on where...

Tariq, what was the reference material you used for this picture? (if any)

01 January 2005
amazing metal!

01 January 2005
I like it. The Metal work is impressive. My eyes are also drawn to the background which looks like a blurry picture. Congrats

01 January 2005
Absolutely incredible!!! Visited your web site and was blown away with your work. Excellent, excellent work!!!

Thread Closed share thread