Portrait Of A Girl, Dongmei (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2004   #61
Originally Posted by smileyPotato: check out pictures of shannon doherty, perfect example of eyes not lining up. she's a freak.

Good point!

zhalimuto
"amateur"??? yeah ok

Good Work!

My Anatomy Thread

My Website

Good Facial Expressions Resource:

http://www.artnatomia.net/uk/artnatomy.html

Old 12 December 2004   #62
Holy muffins! Awesome work man! That looks just like a photograph! :|

Amazing...

Old 12 December 2004   #63
Talking

thank you guys for all your support.
for those who has interest at what brush i used for this one:
instead of painter's oil painting brushes, i used Gouache.
It's called Wet Gouache round, i 've found it simulates the oil better than the oil brushes.
thanks for your attention.

Old 12 December 2004   #64
Absolutely stunning model, especially if you captured her correctly. Very beautiful work indeed.

Old 12 December 2004   #65
For all the Chinese members that posted in this thread, please remember a very important thing:

"When in Rome, do as the Romans do."

If you don't understand what that means, I'll explain it in Chinese:

"當在羅馬時, 要像個羅馬人."

That means, respect the people and the society you have stepped into--be it another country, or a forum from another country. Use their language, and follow their rules of conduct.

This is an international CG forum. There are members from all over the world--they all follow that rule, including members from Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Malaysia..etc. I don't see them behaving in the way that you have done here in this thread.

Old 12 December 2004   #66
Talking

thanks Lunatique for your friendly reminding.

Like i said before, dont take them seriously, they are just my friends who are trying to make some fun of me.
Let's make 3P.
Peace, Painting, and Play! hahaha!!!

Last edited by DongMei : 12 December 2004 at 08:09 AM.

Old 12 December 2004   #67
eye

Really great picture,

....something bothered me with the eye as well at first sight .
Mayebe the iris in the eye on the right side should be moved slightly to the left, you could doublecheck with your reference-picture again.
....or else she might be just looking that way.

I wish , I could do something like this in photoshop as well...

;>) Jake

Old 12 December 2004   #68
~~wow~~~nice work~~but......

it is a good work,but i saw it so many times in different place~~~so i cant give you high scores~~~if any new work appears next time maybe i will~~~

Old 12 December 2004   #69
tos ppl who debate in chinese.. If u want to type in chinese critics, Pls PM the artist. Instead of making this forum looks like alien language forum.
Yeah, for tos who type spanish as well...& france...watever..it is getting nowhere.

Yes, This is a good emotional art.. U r the man!

China man..haha..Show some respect to the world.

Old 12 December 2004   #70
Originally Posted by Lunatique: For all the Chinese members that posted in this thread, please remember a very important thing:

"When in Rome, do as the Romans do."

If you don't understand what that means, I'll explain it in Chinese:

"當在羅馬時, 要像個羅馬人."

i know what you mean. sorry for those nonsense. it dosen't make any sense to translate them in english.i don't want people who think chinese are rude and vapid. let it pass.

i know cgtalk is an english forum,and i promise it would never happen again.

Old 12 December 2004   #71
I love this! I think it a good example of how digital can produce an effect not quite like any other paint medium. It doesn't quite look like oils, acrylics, or even gouache. Something new and unique! Good work! Incidentally, RSwansons right, faces aren't symetrical. Take a photo of someone you know or yourself and flip it. Looks completely different.

Old 12 December 2004   #72
WONDERFUL painting very good

would you like to see my 2D Challenge & Concepts & Cities

Old 12 December 2004   #73
great job!looks a photo,if you used a reference for the perspective you are right about the left eye..can we see it?anyway it looks a bit strange to me..but IT IS A MASTERPIECE!!!i wish i could paint as you do.i am for a Wacom for 2 weeks

Old 12 December 2004   #74
Hello beautiful. She is fantastic in medium and, if the medium is an accurate replica of the picture, in life. 5 stars.

Old 12 December 2004   #75
Indeed, very nice painting. When I was still in Artsacademy we used Gouache as well.

On the perspective thingy ; i believe you. Alot of the times ppl just won't believe the reference object or person 'just' looks that way and perceives the 'issue' as an error by the artist. Like the other guy said : In artsacademy we too were shown paintings from the Master and such. Teachers where raving about those how great they were and all. Still, I could find lotsa errors in those ahhum 'Master' pieces. Especially concerning perspective.

Also, a painting, once done, isn't as easily corrected as a 3D software model.

Thread Closed share thread