Young Lady, Zhu Haibo (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2004   #1
Young Lady, Zhu Haibo (2D)

Title: Young Lady
Name: Zhu Haibo
Software: Photoshop

Sorry for post pin-up art again.my lately works were all for [wacom China] 's web tutorials,DEC's subject is [American pin-up art].

I use photoshop this time,try to make a simple and clean style.the dress effect was rough,but i like them,maybe you not.it was funny cause the shapes just like flower:)

Head details:

Old 12 December 2004   #2
O my ,

Gee,You hit me on the head again.
I will be honored if you could chat with me on msn or QQ,I am in shanghai too.
See lots of chinese around,most of them are gifted and talented.
I am happy to see that.
my QQ:283199713,I am looking forward to it.
Wonderfull work again.
Sweetheart, I ask no more than this
A Kiss to build a dream on.

Old 12 December 2004   #3
Love your technique man, i can tell you are a great traditional artist...just a guess.The eye is awsome You should share your techniques if at all possible, are you using a chalk? Also did you draw this head from memory or from reference, it's got that nice warm fuzzy memory drawing feel to it, especially in the hair.

Old 12 December 2004   #4
Another?!!

This is just fantastic.
You mention they were done for Wacom China's web tutorials. Provid a link please.

Sleep is for the weak.

Old 12 December 2004   #5
Awesome! It has a Leyendecker/Elvgren quality to it. Fantastic job!

What size is this piece? and if it's for a tutorial post that here please. I love it.

Old 12 December 2004   #6
i was going to say 'dont you just love painter?' but then i saw photoshop. WHAT>! nice brushes man! did you make them yourself?

no crits, this is very elegant.

Old 12 December 2004   #7
Talking

很棒!我可怜的英语...所以还是用中文
zhuzhu这张比上一张还要好哦!和楼上的一样啦,希望多多交流:
个人很喜欢这种表现方式、也期望能有机会能做出那种厚重饱满的颜色(怎么做的啊?笑~)。
嘿嘿
加油!期待下一张~!

Old 12 December 2004   #8
Wow,

So few strokes! Really interesting how there are skintones in her hair, it works really well.
btw What's wrong with pin-up art? I think it's great.
modelling practice #1

Old 12 December 2004   #9
Talking

Originally Posted by gabrill: Gee,You hit me on the head again.
I will be honored if you could chat with me on msn or QQ,I am in shanghai too.
See lots of chinese around,most of them are gifted and talented.
I am happy to see that.
my QQ:283199713,I am looking forward to it.
Wonderfull work again.

已经加了你的QQ,有空聊。谢谢每次都来给我捧场,那个5星是你给的吧?~~~

Old 12 December 2004   #10
Talking

Originally Posted by noelt: Love your technique man, i can tell you are a great traditional artist...just a guess.The eye is awsome You should share your techniques if at all possible, are you using a chalk? Also did you draw this head from memory or from reference, it's got that nice warm fuzzy memory drawing feel to it, especially in the hair.

thanks,i use photo reference,but more memory from head.i like old movie star,so it is.i use custom brushes,not real chalk.all in digital. i'd like to share my technique with you guys,but english is not my mother language, i will try it, if you don't mind it~~~

Old 12 December 2004   #11
Talking

Originally Posted by ChadTHX1138: Awesome! It has a Leyendecker/Elvgren quality to it. Fantastic job!

What size is this piece? and if it's for a tutorial post that here please. I love it.

thanks,the original size is not big, just 1200 x 1550 px. i will post the tutorials, thanks again.

Old 12 December 2004   #12
Talking

Originally Posted by Isurus: i was going to say 'dont you just love painter?' but then i saw photoshop. WHAT>! nice brushes man! did you make them yourself?

no crits, this is very elegant.

yes, i made that brushes,i have share them already,maybe i should't post too much doll painting in WIP before.

my brushes, sorry for [zhuzhu xxx] you can rename it~~~

download the brushes:

http://vip.5d.cn/zhuzhu/sd1/zb.rar

i use the [zhuzhu rough pastel 25]do the line work.[zhuzhu basic round 60]for basic color.[zhuzhu oil pastel 45]for the brush stroke look(it's my favor brush,inspire from painter's oil pastel brush).[zhuzhu tilt pen 9]for details...

here is a simple tutorial for doll painting,it is almost the same way to show how do i work.

http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=187264

Old 12 December 2004   #13
Talking

Originally Posted by jmBoekestein: Wow,

So few strokes! Really interesting how there are skintones in her hair, it works really well.
btw What's wrong with pin-up art? I think it's great.

since i have seen Craig Mullins's work ,most the speedpainting in sijun.i have learned somthing from him.[make the shapes simple],he loved to say that,of course,it need more practice.

about the hair, i just try to express the shape,maybe many people has more interest for the hair details. i thought simple is beautiful,never too much.

i like the pin-up art too,especially Gil Elvgren's art. that was real eye candy.i just wondering,if people tired to see so many same subject's work,just like the doll painting before.maybe just my mind~~~ i thought people would not tire beautiful women, will ya?~~~

Old 12 December 2004   #14
Wink Tutorial

I don't think I am alone when I say "Post the tutorial man !!" .. hehe.

Beautiful work.

M

Old 12 December 2004   #15
Thumbs up

An excellent rendition of a 50's pin-up girl, zhuzhu. Thanks for posting it. I for one, will never tire of images of beautiful women. Well done.

Thread Closed share thread