Attack Of The Fishpipes, Domen Lombergar (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2004   #16
Wires please. I'm very interested to know exactly how much (or little) is 3D and how much is 2D comp.

Old 12 December 2004   #17
wow! the style is so cool! I like it !
But I don't know the moral about it .

Old 12 December 2004   #18
Originally Posted by mothermachine: well... I can. i think it looks fab

so which elements are 3D and which are photos?
I'd guess the lightpost, the grass, and maybe the wooden figure in the back are 3D.

The lightpost is a bit too sharp to be from a photo, and even if it was from a nice silhouette shot, the bulb probably wouldn't be black. The grass is a little too uniform, and the edge of the dirt is a little too visible.

The wooden figure? Who knows, but it could be from a photo.

Old 12 December 2004   #19
nice one...good to see some art based on an idea/story.
technically i would criticice that the production is a bit raw and smeary.

btw. some comments here about art and wireframes make me want to get sarcastic.

Old 12 December 2004   #20
well, I don't care of the amount of 2, 3, or 4 D... it's avery interestying piece, with a great sense of composition, a really interesting mood; it's a sort of picture which stay in mind, when all the other stuff has gone... I think we need, in digital art, more and more of that sort of work!...

Old 12 December 2004   #21
as long as its not another nekkid chick paintover then its fine with me. and plus its refreshing to see a story attached, reminds me of what linda bergkvist usually does. keep it up.

Old 12 December 2004   #22
Hm - I'm not fond of your composition and choice of objects interacting here but before I think it would really be good to see the whole context, your exhibition (link ?) to have a real idea about this.

Two things I find rather deceiving in this thread... first - stop this wireframe questioning thing please - there's a big "2D" written next to the post - that means that even if some objects are made in 3D the wire fetishists won't be satisfied, and second - there are a lot of frustrated non-frontpagers here I think, and this thread's purpose would still be to comment or criticize this piece of work.

Hope to see some links from you soon...

Cheers
thOrNes

Old 12 December 2004   #23
hhmmm... quite odd. Kinda looks like the Sandman illustrations.

Old 12 December 2004   #24
If you want Links lets start from his homepage:
http://www.lombergar.com/v4/

i think its great that finally there is some discussion about art and the sense and idea behind it, some think they understand the artist, others dont seem to get his/her point at all. Whats important is, that theres finally some discussion about the piece of art and the idea that comes with it. I am so tired of all this wireframe perfectionists trying to get rid of every little triangle or whatever. That, in my eyes is really great craftmanship, but not NECESSARILY art...
but thats just my opinion
i think just for the discussion, this piece of art hat fulfilled its mission

-tuzz

Old 12 December 2004   #25
Personally, I think it's really cool. Although I have a predisposition for sci-fi/fantasy works, I don't think CG should be pigeon-holed into that specific genre. It's refreshing to see pieces, such as this, that base their influences from atypical sources, like Surrealism and Dadaism.

If Franz Kafka was a painter, instead of a writer, I'd imagine him painting something similar to this. Great work.

Old 12 December 2004   #26
Originally Posted by thOrNes: even if some objects are made in 3D the wire fetishists won't be satisfied

3D Wire fetishistm... Hmm.. that one certainly isn't in my "sexual extravaganza" handbook... I'll have to do a profound meditation over this... yeap

Anyways, disregard this post as it has nothing to do with the Art piece, ... or does it?

Old 12 December 2004   #27
If Dave Mckeam posted the exact same image himself and said "Hey guys look at my new image, made in photoshop and max", everyone would've replied with a "Wow, cool, keep up the good work, amazing as usual, I'm you're biggest fan, no critz"

I swear that would happen

And when someone posts a horrible painting of a naked chick, you all support him, affraid to hurt his feelings.

Old 12 December 2004   #28
Originally Posted by Tan: If Dave Mckeam posted the exact same image himself and said "Hey guys look at my new image, made in photoshop and max", everyone would've replied with a "Wow, cool, keep up the good work, amazing as usual, I'm you're biggest fan, no critz"

hey Tan...i have no idea who Dave McKeam is, but i agree with your point.

Old 12 December 2004   #29
congratulations, its a great piece of art, iven if isnt technically advanced as the other works we use to see on frontage, that doesnt remove the quality from this work, and so i really think works like this deserve a frontpage.

Interior: Hotel Suite

Tyrrell P34 WIP

-------------------

Old 12 December 2004   #30
well, "technicality" is important, but not all that is important.

I think you get to a point, in art, where this "technical achievement" matters much less than when you start out and want (need?) to impress.

Bravo to the artist for a honest piece of conviction, devoid of the pathological crave to impress by technicality. It's art mastered and sincere.

Bravo for the mod who put this on front page, also.

Innovate, again more please!!

Mark'Huss

Thread Closed share thread