Orion Bike, Kevin Cunningham (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2004   #1
Orion Bike, Kevin Cunningham (2D)

Title: Orion Bike
Name: Kevin Cunningham
Software: (Other)

I did this design when I was at Honda as just a little thing to pass time. I never showed it because it seemed a little to strong for their taste. So I took it home and sat on it for a few years before I refined it more to what you see here. At that time I was actually thinking of going back to Honda, but I didn't even try. I guess I got a sketch out of it!

Old 10 October 2004   #2
ask and you shall recieve. You should have just shown it, what did you have to lose? They could have loved it and you caould have been a millionaire by now! Nice concept very future retro, i like it!

Old 10 October 2004   #3
Great work

Hey Kevin great work. I'm glad to see your designs on this site. I like your take on this bike with its long frame, but what happens when you need to do sharp turns? I really don't have much more to critique here but to say upload some more stuff and hmmm...batmobile...designs?

Old 10 October 2004   #4
Rusta: I had two designs of mine made into production bikes but none of them made me rich. No bonus, no bike nothing. But I'm glad I did it, they were by far the most organized company I worked for and the only one that paid you overtime. I did get some good designs out of them and learned a lot about making believable designs. This one isn't one of them. This design was done to let my mind break out of that production confining box for a minute or two. I didn't show it because I could tell from the other designers reactions that it most likely wouldn't have been received that well from the conservative management of the time. I'm pretty long winded huh. I love retro bikes, I'm glad you like it too!

Jizzle:Yeah, this design is pushed alot, but basically the opposite of a chopper, extended on the back not the front. I really pushed it out there, I tried to shorten it up in the line drawings and digitally, but it lost a lot of its flavor. The original design had a swingarm front end which I changed to a more conventional fork because I was trying to make it more believable for Honda, when I was considering going back. As for sharp turns, it's a cruiser, Harleys can't turn sharp either. Hehehe. This design is more for a show bike then production, I was going more for emotion then production. I'm glad you like it, we need to go sketch more! How bout it?

Thanks both of you for you comments, I appreciate the time you took to leave them, and thanks more for your gratious compliments.

Kevin

Old 01 January 2006   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread