Highschool Yearbook Cover, Nathan Prasad (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2004   #1
Highschool Yearbook Cover, Nathan Prasad (2D)

Title: Highschool Yearbook Cover
Name: Nathan Prasad
Software: Photoshop

This is the yearbook design that I did for my highschool. I pretty much learned how to do all the coloring as I went along and this is definetly my first finished piece with this level of complexity (usually I lose steam halfway through). I'm not too sure how I feel about it, but ultimately I'm proud of it. Its much better than any cover my school has had merely because nobody in the past has been willing to put effort into it.

I'm interested in hearing what you all think and any crits are welcome as its not quite the print deadline and I can make some minor changes but, this is essentially it.

Old 10 October 2004   #2
is the dude pictured twice a representation of yourself? ore some popular twins at your scool? only thing i noticed really is the use of the one person 2wice. otherwise good job. I was on the yearbook team at my highachool back in 98 and it looks good to me.

Old 10 October 2004   #3
personally i'm guessing the face in the comic logo at the top left is you

something i don't quite get though - why is there a hooligan sitting on a roof on the right side? hopefully he isn't a representation of your school's student body..!

also, what is the grey vehicle at the bottom?

overall it seems a bit dark, and kind of scary, what with the full moon, and pine forest, and the dark-looking guy on the left, and the silhouettes. i like the wolf, and it looks like it's smiling, but if it were overall just a little brighter, i'd like it more as a yearbook cover. right now it looks like the future of your class is pretty.. dim.

it sure beats any of the crappy covers we have on our yearbooks though. we have a yearbook group to design the inside, but the covers are pretty much picked from a set of designs, and they're all really... twinky.

Old 01 January 2006   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread