Time Traveller (nudity), Jesper Nordqvist (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2004   #1
Time Traveller (nudity), Jesper Nordqvist (2D)

Title: Time Traveller (nudity)
Name: Jesper Nordqvist
Software: 3ds max, Photoshop

So.. my first submission here... It's about the first I've felt I can send here without feeling embarassed... all pictures here are so great.

Time Traveller:
Medium: Pencil, Photoshop 7, 3D Studio Max 4
Estimated Time: 10-13 hours
General Idea: It's not really based on T3, but I guess it's about the same idea... Pretty girl cyborg travels in time... How did she bring that gun? Maybe an anti-warp-decay pocket in the pod? So why didn't she bring any clothes? I have no answers!

Anyway, I think the girl and the pod came out very well, but the background isn't very strong.. I made it super quick in 3D Max (which I'm certainly not a pro at).. It's quite ok though.

Critques and comments please.. Changes? Ways to make it better?

Some closeups:

>> Hi resolution image <<
Mondo Mecho, a manga inspired cyberpunkish character story
Mascartropolis, a humor comic with an invulnerable girl
Gallery, soon to come, a display of my pictures
And more!

Old 10 October 2004   #2
Wink

Her body is great. First she reminds me of the Robot girl design from Japan and I like it. the highlight is welldone but the shadow & midtone transition will need more work. the pistol is well designed.

Old 10 October 2004   #3
o.O

I love the char. concept, but the image could use some work. The transition between 2d and 3d isn't really fluent. Keep tweaking this one and it's sure to be amaziing

Keep it going man, and Good Luck.

-FLCL

Pixelated Mind - Growing Community

Old 10 October 2004   #4
Thanks mates ^^

Yeah, I know.. I'm not that hot on 3D yet.. but I'm going for learning Maya now, so those things will improve ^^
I just felt it would be too much of a hassle painting that whole background, soo.. I got a bit lazy.
Like I said, the background is super hasty, probably just about an hour (I'm not very quick on that though), but I made some custom textures for that container (even if they're too dark to show) and some other stuff, buuut...
Did you take a look on the linked picture? It's updated with a little smoke and stuff, and comes out a little better. I might tweak it some more though. Thanks for your comment ^^

Shady: I've noticed this picture is very screen sensitive.. It looks hella nice here on my screen (though I could probably smack in even heavier shadows, it's something I have to work on), but on other screens it may look too bright or otherwise odd.
I'm a manga-inspired guy, and this pic has a lot of Masamune Shirow feel, which explains the cyborg theme and shiny skin.. >_>
Mondo Mecho, a manga inspired cyberpunkish character story
Mascartropolis, a humor comic with an invulnerable girl
Gallery, soon to come, a display of my pictures
And more!

Old 01 January 2006   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread