Glenfx
Jack of all trades

CGSociety Member
portfolio
Glen Fernandez%2BSardi
Artist
2 Sin Par
San%2BAntonio%2Bde%2Blos%2BAltos, Venezuela

Lunna Lady Of The Forest, Glen Fernandez (2D)

Title: Lunna Lady Of The Forest
Name: Glen Fernandez
Software: Painter, Photoshop

This is Lunna, one of three elf sisters wich are godesses of the forest, Lunna is the lady of nature and is the smallest of the three.

I would like a general critique with this piece. I also would like advise with backgrounds as im focussing mostly in human figure and am having trouble rendering backgrounds.

Comments are highly welcome.
Thanks!

Old 09-30-2004, 07:21 AM   #2
fersteger
Alex Kosakowski
unemployed
USA

Hi, nice painting. For the background maybe do more flowers, plants, whatever. The brick pattern kinda clashes with the theme. Maybe recolor the wings, they look metallic to me. I think also work on the skirt more, it looks unfinished compared to the rest of it. And some more shadow on the hair behind her head to push it back more. Maybe do some small creases and folds in the cloth she she is wearing, so it doesnt look just like different color skin. Maybe also see some more of the other wing behind her. There is a line just below her collarbone which looks odd.

The flower looks awesome, I would do more flowers in the Background probably. Nice, look forward to see the finish.

Old 09-30-2004, 05:53 PM   #3
please-delete
Veteran
portfolio
delete account
Student
Ohio State University

I know you said that your not emphasizing on backgrounds right now, but the multicolored brick stucco really REALLY puts a damper on your "lady of the forest" i think even a quickly rendered forest or something, doesnt even have to be well done, would really help your figure.

on the figure, really nicely shaded, esspecially in the stomach and legs i like how intense you go. however there is a part, between the right (our right) breast and her shoulder that seems to blend together, really emphasize a shadow there to separate the two. The wing on our right also looks like its attached moreso to her arm than her back, the shoulder bone would be a nice point as to direct it to. Other than that, nicely done. i really like this. the markings on her face are really pretty.

Old 10-05-2004, 09:41 PM   #4
j077y_r0g3r
Veteran

nothing

Send a message via ICQ to j077y_r0g3r
ayeeee...great work!
That have opressid me now and then.

One is gone; one is wele sped;
Old Apulyaird is ded.

One is for Maister Bennet Hatch,
That burned Grimstone,

Old 01-19-2006, 10:00 AM   #5
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread