Intruder, Brad Chai (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2004   #1
Intruder, Brad Chai (2D)

Title: Intruder
Name: Brad Chai
Software: Photoshop

i started this work in quite a rush, because i was rushing for some jobs. Its sort of like an idea of the dead machine coming to live and intruding the living... at first i didn't know wat it would come out to be, then i applied some elements of foot soldiers. It became obvious when i started drawing the head that the whole concept was to put a stop to war. Even when i finished the painting i realized that it might not even really meant anything. many though came to my mind, in the end i think the thing i really wanted was to intrude the living, by using a half destroyed robotic soldier.

Old 09 September 2004   #2
Looks good my only crits would be the definition. As the central figure looks very blurred around the edges maybe defining it a little more would bring it out.

Old 09 September 2004   #3
Great design and composition...

but yes the only enemy and biggest enemy this peace has is the res, maybe it's web format degradation?

black_candy can you post something with more definition? I like your work..

Old 09 September 2004   #4
He's going to get me!!

Hey nice and creepy.(to me at least) The resolution is kind of mangled especially around anything with a edge. If the orginal is like that, I would create another layer add amonochromatic noise to it, and change the layer property to multiply or overlay (depending on the look you looking for) and then slowly bump down that layers opacity intill you have enough noise showing without taking away from the great figure your picture. Alright I'm going to go check under my bed now. (Thanks alot for another sleepless night) Who needs sleep anyway send us more hombre.

Old 09 September 2004   #5
nice pose

very dynamic posing...
i can only suggest fading the background just a bit to enhance the perspective effect, and getting more clean on the fleshy edges of the figure

Old 09 September 2004   #6
Nice shading work. Reminds me of Spawn.

Old 09 September 2004   #7
it is nice
reminds me of a Sodom, the band. check out there homepage, might be issues lol

Old 01 January 2006   #8
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread