|09 September 2004||#1|
Join Date: Sep 2004
Dino, Fernando Lucas (2D)
Name: Fernando Lucas
some time that I have a ideia for a history of an illustrated book where this dinossauro enters, but as good Portuguese I still did not make nothing, also is truth that I do not have time nor good computer in house.
I go to try to color this sketch, somebody can give suggestions?
|09 September 2004||#2|
Fábio Duarte Martins
Type/Graphic/Multimedia Designer, Illustrator
Join Date: Sep 2003
É sempre bom ver portugueses a fazer coisas porreiras por aqui!
Nice drawing you've got there, m8!
Suggestions on coloring: Divide your layers into planes of action and color them trying different color approaches, in order to achive the better mood and inspiring you.
Nice going, I'm watching you!...
Art serves conciousness.
|09 September 2004||#3|
Fairfax Media Publications Pty Ltd
Join Date: Sep 2002
Hi mate, nice sketch.
There are many techniques but I found this to be the fastest and easiest:
1. Go to levels and drag the left/bottom slider up to about middle so u get a grey cover over ur image, then use your burn/dodge tool to bring out hi-lights and shadows. Good thing about this is you can get all the tonal ranges done on a grey scale mode. If you don't have a powerful machine this helps.
2. When ur happy with the result change mode to color, then with the brush tool or a pen tool, block out areas of colour. Do this on a separate layer if you want, with the layer setting on colourize.
3. With a brush set on hard/soft and set on 20%-50% strengthen the blacks and vise versa with highlights. I do this on separate layer then I merge all layers. I then go over again with burn/dodge/smuge tool.. for as long as you feel u need to!.. what I mean is depending on the detail your trying to achieve.
4. You should get by with about 4 layers and since you say you don't have a fast machine it should still be fairly easy to handle.
5. Unless ofcourse I completely misunderstood you and am writing something completely irrelevant. In which case pls ignore me.
hope that helps!.
|Thread Closed share thread|