Sorcery Knight, Weicai (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

09 September 2004
hey don't give a thumbs down unless you really know if it is a ps'ed work

and i personally don't have anything against paintovers, we've had several threads discussing the merits as well as things like bryce, terragen, poser etc

i don't see how the background and foreground are different, the ringwraith is mostly dark colors with some lights blocked in anyhow

and this is his first painter painting

09 September 2004
I find it hard to comment on this unless I understand. Does it reference LOTR or is it a direct painting over a frame? If it's an original inspired by LOTR I can offer some ideas for improving it, if it's just a paint over of a frame capture I don't understand how you can suggest to improve tracing.

09 September 2004
While I think the actual wraith looks cool, I must admit I'm not particularly fond of the backdrop or the composition of this piece. The wraith doesn't really sit properly in the environment - he has no relationship with it. This is mostly due to his positioning within the composition as opposed to any lighting discrepencies though. I guess it's a matter of personal taste.

I also think the noise filter on the painting looks strange. However, I do like the palette of colours and I think that for a first-time Painter piece this is a good effort.

09 September 2004
o.O really good

like that dark style

09 September 2004
very impressive work...nice

09 September 2004
hi,

its a very nice work , but for the composite as the background looks more blurred .since u r painting in painter for the first time. its nice ,hey man nice skill of paint u have keep updating

ravi

09 September 2004
Originally Posted by hpslashluvr: awww don't make fun of foreign ppl spelling it wrong, it probably translates that way haha

you should see the horrible translations in harry potter

anyhow for crits, i think you should work on the background more, I know the figure is supposed to be standing out, but i feel it would be even better if the whole scene was painted that way

This painting is great. hpslashluvr - i think he was trying to capture that 'wraithworld' type environment in which the ring wraiths from LOTR exist. I think that is captured nicely without being overboard.

09 September 2004
Hello!
I have to agree with a few people here that the main character doesn't blend so well with the background. If the background isn't finished yet then that's totally acceptable.
If the background stays that way then I could safely say that the style of the main character and the backdrop is completely different and one of these 2 elements needs to change in order for the 2 elements to be brought together. The main character as it is now looks photoshoped and maybe it is.

The painting looks very promising and we'd all be interested to see your new stuff.

Last edited by phobos : 09 September 2004 at 10:58 AM.

09 September 2004
LOTR feeling. Cool I like it.

09 September 2004
Lord of the Ring , hmmm my copys are Lord of the Rings , lol

By the way awsome pic , i dont care how it was made what tactics were used its awsome ok , well done

09 September 2004
cool....nazgul.. my all time favourite

09 September 2004
great work man....waow...5tars

09 September 2004
Thumbs down

Hmmmmmmmmm...
Nice choice of colors though.

http://cgtalk.com/attachment.php?at...tid=59251&stc=1
Attached Images
File Type: jpg weathertop.jpg (93.8 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by =kz= : 09 September 2004 at 06:03 PM.

09 September 2004
Talking

I think he wanted to say, that he painted over an image of LOTR. I think its great. Don't be too harsh to beginners. Especially if you can't be sure what they meant.

09 September 2004
just awesome!!I love every single pixel of this one! it inspires me to learn how to draw!

Thread Closed share thread