Caricature Study, Jojin Kang (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2004   #1
Caricature Study, Jojin Kang (2D)

Title: Caricature Study
Name: Jojin Kang
Software: Photoshop

Hi again, just an update on the caricature of Scarlett Johansson from Lost in translation.. found a bit of time to finish her off. Was gonna do Bill Murray as well but I think I'll leave it alone now and get on with real work!!

Crits welcome as always.

Old 09 September 2004   #2
nice to see an update. I liked the previous one you did, but the photo cleavage bothered me cos not only was it 'cheating' it also didnt reflect her character in the film. This one is much better. I think you should definately do bill murray - his face has sooo much character and he'd look ace as a charicature. Maybe do the scene where they were sitting down outside the karaoke parlour with the stripey wall.
A lil more work, and i think you could pass for frontpage quality!

Old 09 September 2004   #3
Thanks Andy! It's funny getting comments from you because I read your posts and am familiar with all your work for the last few years..my fave being the devil girl(low poly).

Showed my work to a few people where I work(SMH) and they commissioned a couple of illos to do for the paper!.. so I'm working on them now,.. will post them when im done.

And after that I 'will' do a bill Murray,.. you talked me into it!

Hopefully I can losen up a bit on the technique a bit tho.. I realise it's a bit flat and lacks... something

thanks for the support mate!

Old 09 September 2004   #4
Thumbs up Nice

I like your approach to caricature design. With alot of people doing them it's nice to see a fresh and startling approach. Keep up the good work. How long did it take you?

Old 09 September 2004   #5
Thanks ploink34, took me around 2 nites after work so around 15 hrs I'd say. Is there a lot of caricature artist around?? I've seen a few but not many I think.. I posted this work to get some crits but not many takers. I'll post in the work in progress section next tme and maybe get some feedback from all the caricaturists out there.

cheers mate.

Old 09 September 2004   #6
this style really hits me for some reason. The excessively exagerated proportions, her expression. Her hair line on her forehead is awesome. Just the right touch. You rock dude. Sorry, I have no real crit... i am not worthy.

Old 01 January 2006   #7
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread