Whoa!, Noel Taylor (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2004   #1
Whoa!, Noel Taylor (2D)

Title: Whoa!
Name: Noel Taylor
Software: Painter

This is my first "real" Painter painting. I painter on the canvas 80% of the time and used one layer. I'm very old school (pancil & paper) never could afford paints so my career paintings will be digital. I'm a big Frazetta/Paul Felix fan, i think i suck (a little) but fell i will be great in a few years. Please fell free to comment (i have thick skin) i plan to add more technical elements (robots architecture space ships) to my work in the future, this is a result of having internet access. I think the internet itself is the best art school (if you can draw already).

Old 09 September 2004   #2
Thumbs up

I like the idea, but for an underwater theme I think your colors are too saturated. Also, I'd lose the sea weed, it ruins the scale of your diver/monster fish. It feels like the diver is only two inches tall, and the fish no bigger than a trout.

Old 09 September 2004   #3
Thank you for the help it really means a lot, i sort of wanted to make the diver seem out of his element i want him to be very small and the fish to be big and hungry and for the sea weed to be a sort of pending grave. i do think the colors are too rich i will make the changes youv'e suggested. thanks once again

Old 01 January 2006   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread