The Warrior's Last Stand, Michelle Chuang (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2004   #1
The Warrior's Last Stand, Michelle Chuang (2D)

Title: The Warrior's Last Stand
Name: Michelle Chuang
Software: Photoshop

This is a fan art for my player character in Square-Enix's online RPG Final Fantasy XI (and hopefully eveyone undertsand that I therefore did NOT design the character and the outfits. The conceptual part of credit goes to Square-Enix).
It's called a Tarutaru, a race which basically looks like miniature Elf. The class I made her to be was a warrior, and she mainly uses an axe to chop down these huge orcs and nasty goblins.
I have been playing the game for a few months. Really love its graphics and how my game character looks, but decided I should now stop investing more time in it so I can work harder on something else. This therefore serves some sort of memorial purpose, as a way to say goodbye to my character and the game.
Doodled on notepad and then painted in photoshop almost from the scratch. I took some in-game screenshots as reference so that I could quite faithfully represent the outfit that my character was actually wearing. Nevertheless no part of this picture was made by painting-over any graphical material from the game. If you want to see how the actual in-game graphics would be like I recommend visiting Square-Enix's playonline.com website.
http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/index.shtml
It's not my best effort, but hopefully someone here who also plays the game will still enjoy this picture :)

Old 09 September 2004   #2
She looks a bit too relaxed for a last stand, but I like it very much.
Maybe you should call your piece: warrior striking a pose
Great job!

Old 09 September 2004   #3
OMG i absolutly hated the Taru Taru when i first started playing FFXI, but good players gave them great character as well as does this picture!!! I love it.

Old 09 September 2004   #4
Arrow

I agree with Art2, she seems a little too relaxed.

AJ

Originally Posted by Art2: She looks a bit too relaxed for a last stand, but I like it very much.
Maybe you should call your piece: warrior striking a pose
Great job!

Old 09 September 2004   #5
Nice style, good proportions & Great shading & colours!

Well done!

Old 09 September 2004   #6
That's some excellent coloring, very vibrant and alive! you may want to give her some more expression on her face, a bit more lip would already make alot of diffence I think, making her look more confident.

But again, excellent use of color, and the perspective on the axe is also very well done.

My 2 cnts,

-Edwin

Old 09 September 2004   #7
Cool I was A Galka Named Krendor I also had to quite the game becuase it was taking over my life lol. I thought about modeling the Galka as one of my peices for my game portfolio with my own style so who knows...

Nice rendition sure looks like the the charecters.

Old 01 January 2006   #8
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread