Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  
Old 09-07-2004, 08:33 AM   #1
Linda Tso
Auckland, New Zealand
Seascape, Linda Tso (2D)

Title: Seascape
Name: Linda Tso
Software: Painter, Photoshop

Moonlight on sea. I love clouds and like how this came out, looka kinda forbidding though that wasn't really intended. :p Painted in PS, a tiny bit of Painter for blending. I used Turner's "Fishermen at Sea" as a loose reference.
Old 09-07-2004, 05:26 PM   #2
2 packs of sugar, no milk
3d background designer, texture artist. Motion pictures/television series/video games
What great scenery, good job. It does look like a day shot however and not a moonlight scene. Still, you did great on the clouds and rocks. Perhaps tone down the waves a little in some areas as it looks uniform
Old 09-07-2004, 07:45 PM   #3
I like the water and the clouds. Are very nice.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:45 PM   #4
idiot box
Dean Humphries
Yes, the scenary is really nice, I liek it, I agree with the waves, they do need to be toned dow a little, nice work.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:15 AM   #5
Annis Naeem
Freelancer & Student
Art Center College of Design
Pasadena, United States
Send a message via AIM to annisahmad Send a message via MSN to annisahmad
this is absolutely beautiful. no crits here. just beautiful!
Old 11-30-2004, 05:52 PM   #6
freelance artist
Smile Seascape

Nice painterly effect. You really feel the mood of the piece. I don't know whethet you intended this but it looks otherworldly.
Old 04-09-2005, 03:42 PM   #7
Neon Games
Very nice. It feels cold, and you managed to do it without using any cool colors, which is a nice change from what I usually see. Of course, the cold feeling is helped along by your subtle, nearly monchromatic palette. Which brings up another point - the textures here are just wonderful. They really drive the painting.

The foreground water especially. It dominates the picture once we move from the sun, and gives this sense that everything else is in motion too - the clouds, the wind, even the light. Speaking of, someone made a crit that it looked like it was day. That didn't bother me too much. In fact, I sort of began looking at it with the assumption that the time-of-day was around 3:30, 4 o'clock. The perfect hour for a springtime thunderstorm. I also assume it was your intention, since the moon couldn't possibly emit that much light (but if we got enough strings of christmas lights and a rocket...)

Also the one, long rolling wave in the distance was a nice touch.

The only critique I have has to do with what little experience I've had being on the coast while a storm was brewing - with all the fog=distant rain implied here, the horizon line wouldn't even exist. One of the few times i've ever stood in awe was a couple years ago, on a beach as a storm front was passing over, some fifty+ miles out into the ocean. It looked like the ocean and the sky had become one.

But overall - 'tis a lovely thing you have 'ere.
Old 04-09-2005, 03:42 PM   #8
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
Thread Closed share thread