Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 08-25-2004, 06:10 PM   #1
djstumpy
Artist

Comic Colouring - , Chris Izatt (2D)

Title: Comic Colouring -
Name: Chris Izatt
Software: Photoshop 6.

This is a comic peice that I coloured as a test to see if I could get comissioned to colour the whole book. Unfortunately they didn't think that the style was what they had in mind so I didn't get the comission. I learnt a lot from this piece - Please give your honest opinions/critique as I will never get any better in the future if you don't :)

Cheers!
Chris Izatt.

Old 08-26-2004, 03:07 PM   #2
Rod28Pereira
portfolio
Rod Pereira
Comic Book Penciler , Illustrator Concept Artist
São Paulo SP, Brazil

I am drawing this comic book now !

Hi Chris,

I am Rod Pereira, I am drawing this comic book now.
Ts a feather that Ethan, didn't find appropriate your color for the book, because for me, it is not bad.
But it is that he is seeking some color type specifies for the book.
I would like to know if you could send for me, this page that you colored, I would adore to see she completes.
This is my e-mail - hexen27@itelefonica.com.br
And this is my site - www.hexen27.hpgvip.ig.com.br, take a look in my works, see what you think .

Take Care,

Rod.

Old 08-26-2004, 04:05 PM   #3
Missac
Studient

Nice picture!

Does the running character has something to see with Gambit from the X-men?

CASSIN aka ARO aka MISSAC ( multiple personnality .... Oh, how weird :) )

Old 08-26-2004, 11:05 PM   #4
Aradiael
Veteran

Stefano Azzalin
Italy

Send a message via MSN to Aradiael
hello, being myself one of those who tried to colour this test page too, i think i can give you some critiques about your piece.

I think the the main problem in your image is the lack of detail you put on the character. you did a good job on the walls, but the characther instead (who is the central focusing point in this scene) looks a little flat and unfinished: you should have added more detail and lighting on him, especially on the armour...
i think some more projected shadows would be of help too.

something I don't understand is the reason why you erased those chains that there were in the upper part of the image: those concurred a lot for the balance of the whole image....

Bye,
Stefano

Old 08-27-2004, 10:11 AM   #5
djstumpy
Artist

Rod :- Hi! Nice to hear from the original line artist - I was very impressed with your attention to detail ... lovely drawing! I had a look at your site - really nice work my friend! If you are interested in working on something I would love to talk to you! You can get hold of me here :- mail@djstumpy.com
Hope to hear from you soon!
Chris.

Cassin :- Thanks for the comment - I don't think the comic has any relation to Xmen however.

Aradiael :- Hi - I agree with your comments about the main character - He does need more work and distinction - Also ... I think some more light/shadow play would work well. I didn't do the chains at the top because I had to work on some other projects - leaving me with very little time to finish the piece. I agree that they were very important in the overall balance of the scene. Any chance we can see your render of the scene ?

Thanks again !
Chris.

Old 01-19-2006, 02:00 AM   #6
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread