Sylph, Atilgan Asikuzun (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2004   #1
Sylph, Atilgan Asikuzun (2D)

Title: Sylph
Name: Atilgan Asikuzun
Software: Photoshop 7.0

a feminine psycho looking fighter / mage character

who using two sided magic / weapon.sketch and paint with photoshop.

:personal portfolio:
www.asikuzun.com

Old 08 August 2004   #2
Me likey very much

Old 08 August 2004   #3
thanks for your kind words Caininsin And Pals i really need feedbacks and any critics and comments welcome...thats why i submit my work right? for critique...i need your help.

Old 08 August 2004   #4
Is it me or does the right hand appear to be at a wrong/odd angle?
Otherwise, nice job. -j

Old 08 August 2004   #5
Yeah i got that.Yes it looks that way.I think its about wrists angle or something.Thanks for the critic very much skyman00

Old 08 August 2004   #6
Nice work! I love the tattoos!

Old 08 August 2004   #7
I think the glow could light the weapon and the hand of your character, could be more realistic... otherwise... amazing painting

Old 08 August 2004   #8
Yes youre right about the glow.But it looks funny eh? .Well maybe right about the hand too, but which hand are you talking about? and i didnt want it to become too realistic but more stilistic .I didnt said it before but About the design i tried to be minimalist...is it too much minimalist?

Thank you very much for your critics CharleyBoy,i appreciate it.

Old 08 August 2004   #9
I love the artwork. Dark and forboding. Though, that right hand is at an off angle (it looks detached) as well as looking bigger than normal compared to the forward left hand. Should probably be cast less behind the skirt.

Old 08 August 2004   #10
Looks really good and I dig the style. However the character does not look very feminine to me. The muscular developement in the arms and shoulders looks too much like a skinny guy. It looks like you tried to keep it female by restricting the size of the biceps, but you went a little overboard on the deltoids and forearm muscles. Plus the large hands are throwing me off as well. Only other area of critique would be the the shoulders into the neck. It seems like you rushed through that area and the muscular developement is too harsh.

Old 08 August 2004   #11
Thanks for all of your feedbacks and critics pals!

Masuhito: Yesyou're absolutely right about right hand.its bigger than left one supposedly should seen a little bigger because of perspective.İ think angle of the right hand is not the problem the
elbow's angle is problem here i suppose because its too flat,so mind couldnt complete the link
between arm and hand because of the skirt.thanks for your critics once again.

jrwells: yes youre right.He has not have feminine anatomy.Maybe he could have been even better if i did what you said to me.but i didnt think about changing the anatomy to look feminine i just want to do a thin looking muscular guy.and about the hands thats my style,idont do small hands...generally. and yes i think i rushed that area overall it could have been better of course an i think ill do it too.With your support i think this picture'll be even better.

Thank you very much for your good inspections.Ireally appreciate that because it really helps!

www.asikuzun.com

Old 08 August 2004   #12
immpresiive? yes very!

Old 08 August 2004   #13
I am sorry, I read your description of the Feminie Psycho and assumed you were going for a female character. But if the intention was male, with feminine characteristics I think you have nailed that very well. In this case I think the muscle that you have developed were very good choices and you still managed to capture a great combination of male and female parts.

Old 08 August 2004   #14
Hey its vega with a sword!
ART BY
CH!CO

Old 09 September 2004   #15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Project-chi
Hey its vega with a sword!
Project-Chi: I didnt think about vega when i did it.I dont mean to be rude but i think you can call it vega with blonde hair,a vega with a skirt,you can do it a hundred times dont you think so? but i get you and yes he looks a bit like it.thanks for your comment anyway.

Jrwells: Well,Thats great to hear that from you! I was thinking that i couldnt accomplish what you said but now im feeling much better about this.thank you for your feedbacks man!

Pau1: I'm glad that you're thinking that way Pau1! Thank you.

Thanks for your comments again.I appreciate all of them.You're all welcome!

www.asikuzun.com

Thread Closed share thread