Yeti Keeper, Rachel Quinlan (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 08 August 2004   #1
Yeti Keeper, Rachel Quinlan (2D)

Title: Yeti Keeper
Name: Rachel Quinlan
Software: Photoshop 7 & Painter 8

Hi! It's been a long time since my last post here. I've been working on this on and off for several months, in between getting married and moving to a different state. :P It's just a personal piece for my portfolio, so any crits would be appreciated. I think it's pretty much finished, but if anyone had some good crits, I wouldn't be opposed to working on it more.
Thanks!

Old 08 August 2004   #2
Nice! Reminds me of Storybook illustration. I like the thick painter quality of it.

What exactly is suppose to be happening in this picture?

Oh, one thing that stands out to me, is the little yellow thingy hanging off the tree. It doesn't stand out enough, it fades too much into the background, so when I look at the characters eye direction, and then at the dangling thing, it seems like they're not looking straight at it. To me it seems like its being overpowered by the things around it and the large tree. Maybe one side of the thing should be darker, to make it pop out.

Aside from that minor detail, I like the overall pic alot. Lots of fine details its great!

Old 08 August 2004   #3
Thanks for the reply!

It was mostly just a character portrait that I kept adding elements to (the creature, the tree, etc.) Perhaps the composition and narrative seems muddled as a result? I didn't start out with a definite story or message, so I guess what's happening could be left up to the viewer's interpretation.
I may go back and add a bit more definition to the ornament and tree. Thanks for the crits!

Rachel

Old 08 August 2004   #4
looks very great

Great Vitkacy could be very proud of You
surrealistick side of mind ,beetwen our world and dreamworld he he

cool !

SHOWREEL 2013

Old 08 August 2004   #5
Great job! I think the only minor things I might modify is detail the man's glove slightly to give it a worn leather look. It doesn't quite fit in with the rest of his clothes. And as Albertart said make the gold pinecone stand out - maybe give it just a little bit more luster. Nice style.

Old 09 September 2005   #6
Talking

Oh wow, this is cool. I finally get to see a Yeti up close!!!

Beautiful artwork!!!

I used to live in Fortuna and Rio Dell. I miss that area. I miss Ferndale.

Old 09 September 2005   #7
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread