Milo And The Rainbow Nasties!!, Warthog Games (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2004
Originally Posted by duddlebug: Dr.Polymer is the big baddy... Milo's Nemesis. He runs a multi-national paint company that is secretly mining the world of colour... He pretends to be a man, but is actually an octopus.

Heh, that cracks me up, I can see it in my head.. trying to hide the 8 legs under his suit..
I can see where the grim image comes from.. with those animals squirting black ink (though they can change colour just as chameleons).
Again, great stuff!

08 August 2004
well I couldn't find the edit post button, but the screenshots I found of the 3d models look pretty cool as well: http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/...tag=gs_gamecube

08 August 2004
Very wacky looking style... in a good way. Sort of reminds me of a neo retro version of Viewtiful Joe

The Characters have that lovable quality to them as well. I already want to play the game.

08 August 2004
They're cool, really like Dr. Polymer.

Have to agree with Milo's dark hair getting lost in that octopus though.

08 August 2004
very funky, very cool and most of all great fun!! thanks for posting

cheers mate

rick

08 August 2004
Wow.
awesome cartoonish style with lovely colors and rounded shapes.
and that name

08 August 2004
Glad y'all liked them. I've been away for a couple of weeks so not had chance to reply. There were some images realeased by warthog a few weeks ago (which is why i was 'allowed' to post them here), but they have been squashed or stretched on some websites so i wanted to get them on here in the right proportions...

Renszu: I'm glad you like the 3D versions... i did the milo and chamille models and a friend at work, Cameron Fielding, did the animations. Here's a couple of screengrabs of the in-game models for Milo and the dreaded skelebobs...

FlyingP: yup... i might try and fix that in the next few days... glad you liked Dr.Polymer!! Polymer and Turpentine are my favourites. The baddies are always fun to do!!

08 August 2004
Duddlebug-
All of these designs have a great, fun feel to them! They would make great T-shirt designs, especially that first one. First time I saw it, that's what I thought of... that'd make a nice T!
Good fun stuff!

08 August 2004
skyman!! T-shirts are a fab idea.... i think i'll go and root out some T-shirt transfers i got a while back!!

The first image works much better at A3, as it was intended. It's only at that size that you really get the blocky lino cut feel that i wanted on the octopus.

But glad you liked them!!

Here's a couple of clowns... one's had the colour sucked out of him by the rainbow nasties... one's just been coloured back in by Milo and Chamille. The 'grim' one should probably be more 'drawn' and 'gaunt'...

I'm off work until Tuesday, and i've been working on a different game called 'Sticky Balls' so i'm going to be doing bits and bobs of concepts for 'Milo' in any spare time i have. I'm hoping to do some 'grim' and 'coloured' environments... and maybe a short comic-strip introduction to Milo's story...

If i get them done i'll post them on a new thread... either here or on the 'Games' section.

09 September 2004
Can't believe I haven't seen this earlier...great stuff yet again, Dudley! I love the style. I'm looking forward to seeing all the character translated into 3D. I gotta say the 2D ones look great as they are though. I hope Warthog picks this up, good luck!

Wiro

09 September 2004
Thanks Wiro!!

Some of the characters have been built for the demo. There's low-poly models of Milo and Chamille, plus a bunch of secondary characters like the skelebobs, fisherman and clown.

There's a few more images on my site if you're interested...

09 September 2004
I love you!

Dr Polymer is just great! Keep up the excellent work!

Scannerlicker!

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread