Awakening Of The Elemental Lords: Air, Stefano Azzalin (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2004
Awakening Of The Elemental Lords: Air, Stefano Azzalin (2D)

Title: [scene] Awakening Of The Elemental Lords: Air
Name: Stefano Azzalin
Software: Photoshop 7

Hi guys.
This is the second artwork for my personal four pieces project, after the earthlord , comes the airlord...

I started working on it in march, but after an initial work, I took it apart to work on other things. In these days finally I found some time to finish it, but was quite hard to work again on it after three months. Tried to add more life as someone suggested me on the first one.
i'm not completely satisfied with the result, but after so much time it's hard to be self-critique.

original resultion 4961x3608px

Follow some links to details if someone is interested:

Larger version
Air Elemental
Raven
Rain

As always i'm opened to any useful critiques

Last edited by Aradiael : 08 August 2004 at 11:34 PM.

08 August 2004
so, 115 views and noone found anything useful to say?!?
is it so terrible?!?

P.S.
the auto-sharpen filter forum applies to the images it's a little strange.....

08 August 2004
Well, I have to say, I like it. Great Job

08 August 2004
Cool, I like it too, although I rekon the twister face needs some attention, maybe make it more human/gods looking? or is it a pumpkin head? And maybe darken the sky in the distance to give more of a menacing look. Love that bird.

08 August 2004
Cool, I like it too, although I rekon the twister face needs some attention, maybe make it more human/gods looking? or is it a pumpkin head? And maybe darken the sky in the distance to give more of a menacing look. Love that bird.

08 August 2004
I like this as is.
I think your treatment of the clouds is fantastic.

Sleep is for the weak.

08 August 2004
my thoughts.

you have achieved a very believeable perspective and sense of movement (and chaos thereof) in this piece of artwork! great work and an interesting 4-piece project.

08 August 2004
Thumbs up

Good idea and painting.
I like the bird and clouds around the elemental, but you need to work with ground. I mean you must try to add more details to the ground at the left side of the image.
Good luck.

08 August 2004
thanks all for the comment
when i saw noone commented i thought the artword was so terržble that even deserved a comment

as i can see was at least a little appreciated. as i wrote above, at a certain point i find difficult to judge by my self if something is getting good or wrong...

Jezzarts:
in my intentions, the head should have been something unpersonal and not defined. when it was finished i found it similar to skull, not even tought i could be resembling a pumpkin
I even tried with a darker sky, but in some way i found it doesn't worked.....

Mikrob:
you're right. i considered it finished because actually i don't have more time to spend on it. if I find the time i cand add more detail to the ground an in many more thing (when working with this kind of resolution there is so much room for details that the difficult is to decide when it's time to stop detailing..... )

07 July 2005
This artwork is really amazing!Impressive scene,great details....i give it FIVE stars!!!

12 December 2005
Really great stuff. You love painting clouds don't you? I wish I could do that
Keep up the good work..

12 December 2005
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread