Pinupology, Cris Delara (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2013
Pinupology, Cris Delara (2D)

Title: Pinupology
Name: Cris Delara
Software: Photoshop

This pinupis as demonstration image to promote my Course about Pinup Art at CGSociety.
At this course I will share with all students all details about the Pinup Universe as a real Art and how it still very interesting to the Industry as soon as to the most part of people around world as well.
So, let's study Pinupology?

10 October 2013
Thumbs up

Very interesting. I like the transition from the pencil version to the painted one, and I like the kept some of the brush strokes shown on the body (it showed better color variation and looks more expressive). I like the curls you got with her hair (her hair turned out really nice). I do like the exaggerated, almost cartoon-like style to the face (it works well for the mouth), but the eyes ended up looking more disproportional (the dark, elongated corners of her eyes and the off-scale eye sizes made it look almost creepy; wasn't as successful with the exaggerations of the mouth). She is very expressive though, and the composition is really nice. I also would've started adding a different color to whatever clothing she's wearing (the lines are there, but only skin tones were carried through). I think a red of something simple (and not a lot of it; more faded like you already have it) to show the outfit. Overall, though, this is a really successful piece and if this is a promotion for an actual class I hope you get a lot of sign ups. Keep it up. Great job.

10 October 2013
Thumbs up

Dear Cris, this was a really nice design and illustration! Your pinups are full of grace and happiness

11 November 2013
Nice, only critics is I feel it would be better if the card is not perfectly inline (perpendicular) with the camera, & seems to cut through the hair.

11 November 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread