Reborn Lara, Stefan Valkanov (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

08 August 2013
Reborn Lara, Stefan Valkanov (2D)

Title: Reborn Lara
Name: Stefan Valkanov
Software: Photoshop

This is my second entry for the "Tomb Raider Reborn Contest" on Deviant art. Made on Photoshop CS2 with Wacom tablet.

09 September 2013
Smile

I don't really see why she has the bow here when I don't see a quiver or arrows (either on her person, in the wolves or on the ground). Doesn't help that she has the two alternative weapons (especially the gun). I do like this brown and red color scheme. I also like how you did the dead wolves (they don't look deflated and there seems to be some convincing anatomy). The wrappings or folds around her legs are too much (too much darks and blacks and too many lines and folds). We're loosing the sense of form for her legs (they feel more stick-like as a result). Her upper body is better, though, and I like the dirt and blood splatter on her arms. I think her facial expression and hair are the best part on her (great job where, especially with the side profile of the face, the highlights of the hair, how you shaped the hair, and the expressive dark shadows in her eyes). Overall, there's a lot going for this piece, but there are also areas that could use more work. Keep it up. Good job.

09 September 2013
Thank you for the extensive analysis Lina! It's too late to fix the problems with this pic, but criticism is always welcome! Thank you again!

09 September 2013
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread