Seven years, Jie He (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2013   #1
Seven years, Jie He (2D)

Title: Seven years
Name: Jie He
Software: Photoshop

OH,summer,it's too hot to fall asleep
I don't know how to passes over the hot summer.
I need more cool,I need simple life.

If you are interested in them,Please click:http://blog.sina.com.cn/cgforest.
Hope you will like it.

Old 05 May 2013   #2
Wonderful work as usual! ^^ Cheers!

Old 05 May 2013   #3
Thumbs up

Interesting design elements. With the swans and the iconography I wonder if this is a reference to a fairly tale or mythology. I like the asymmetric composition and the pale and pastel color palette. Her hair flows out from her face really well and I like how you did the top of her head with the swans and everything. Her left eye got a tad smaller (like you didn't want to block it with the hair so you cropped it a little; but it looks a tad awkward). I like the some of the detail work you added on the animals and the woodsy scene on her outfit (although that ground line in the middle takes some getting used to, since it breaks things up rather abruptly). She does look very lovely (kind of like a glowing bride). Overall, a very nice piece, so keep for your portfolio. Keep it up. Great job.

Old 05 May 2013   #4
Sweet as usual. Very sensitive sense of artistic expressions. What I really like in this, is that the forms not obvious in purpose, but they look great together. To be honest, I don't mind the "middle line" as linainverse23 referred to. It adds to the picture some piece from your artistic way of experience, as extra features. Most of the times I like artsy stuffs that not obvious at first, or maybe not after that either, but looks great on canvas and feels good to look at without any meaning, without any thought. Just makes the mind play with it, without any exhausting process.
Gr8 work. Keep it up!

Old 05 May 2013   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread