Why Won't You Love Me Back?, Roberto Padula (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2013   #1
Why Won't You Love Me Back?, Roberto Padula (2D)

Title: Why Won't You Love Me Back?
Name: Roberto Padula
Software: Photoshop

Why?!?!?! You cold heartless bastard! He just want your love! And is not like he is that creepy, I mean he is but you could pretend he is not... Or pretend that he is human, I don't know... You can't can you? Who is the monster now?
Fully done in Photoshop.

Man... I tried my best with this one, I really did. And I like how it turned out, I mean I can still see a lot of stuff that is not right, like my bad sense of composition, but it was the best I could do for now. And hopefully in the future I'll be able to do even better! I think I learned a lot about values whit this guy and I cannot stress enough how important I believe they are for paintings. And fun too! Oh yeah I sent this guy to the exposé 11 call for submission, wish me luck!

If you have any thoughts, opinions and/or critics please feel free to tell me them. They are the most important tool to help me grow as an artist, and if you believe I could teach you something that you want to know just ask me! I want to help you too if I can!

Thanks for stopping by!

Old 04 April 2013   #2
lol I like it

Old 04 April 2013   #3
The skintones/midtones and details looking creepy realistic to me, i love the lightning and the creation in all. Great piece of work.

You picture looks like a good classic b/w photography with something like a green or orange filter in front of the lense.

No critics from my side (uuh, i want to buy your skills!), just a personal thought/impression:
Did you tried to give the rose maybe a kind of shy pastell color? Like reddish or yellowish, just a slight bit? As the rose itself depends more to the funny letter, joke/his ambitions wise, a tiny bit of color could be a additional optical bridge or transition, between your awesome b/w character artwork and the more stylized letter with the dominant red heart on top in meaning separating more softly the fun part from your genius artwork.

And.. Can i borrow him to sent him to my ex maybe? ^

Last edited by Bjur : 04 April 2013 at 12:07 AM.

Old 04 April 2013   #4
Great work, really nice sense of form. The little red heart on the envelope adds so much to the picture as well, making it an interesting situation instead of just a well-made piece of art.

Your comment on composition made me think of one improvement, but a pretty easy one: I'd move the character a bit to the left. If there's too much space behind a character it creates a sense of curiosity about what's there. That can be a good thing, like in suspense movies when there's empty space behind the character and you're wondering what danger is going to turn up behind them, but I don't think that applies in this case. Moving the character a little to the left would also make the face and envelope more central.

This picture is really good though, and it'd be cool to see it in exposé 11 so I wish you well with that!

Old 04 April 2013   #5
I love it

Old 04 April 2013   #6
Thumbs up

Haha... very interesting idea.

Old 04 April 2013   #7
Nice!

Great piece overall. Really like how it has a lot of space around it and so subtle gradients.

Old 04 April 2013   #8
Very cool work, gave me a good laugh

Old 04 April 2013   #9
You guys rock!

Seriously, thank you all very much for all your great comments and feedback! I hope you all know how much you help me and how much I'm grateful for it!

GonzaloGolpe: I'm really glad you like it!

Bjur: Thank you so much for your great feedback! I've put a LOT of time into getting the midtones right, so knowing that it was appreciated is awesome! And it was in the original plan to give the flower a shy pale yellowish color, but when I tried I found out that it's values where too messed up and since I had no more time to fix it I had to leave it without color. I literally submitted this guy in the last minute possible! Oh yeah, I spoke with the little fella and he told me he would love to help you in your love affair! Be it to reunite you or just creep the hell out of your ex!

benhartnett: Thank you for your awesome feedback! Yeah, moving it a little to the left sounds like a good idea to add more mood to this painting. I'm not that bad in rendering, but man do I suck at composition... I really need to focus more on this aspects of painting, maybe even dial down on the rendering and defining better a focal point. And this time I submitted 3 paintings to the exposé so who knows, maybe one of them gets in! Keeping my fingers crossed.

WWWoj: Thank you very much!

Dirtvic: Thank you!

jholm: Thank you! I'm really glad you like it! I've tried my best to keep it subtle and smooth!

QVogel: I'm really happy it made you laugh! That's what the whole thing is about!

Once again, thank you all so very much!

Old 04 April 2013   #10
Wow..., Your work is grate Roberto! I save it man.

Me | In Facebook

Old 04 April 2013   #11
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread