NF 14-88, Corrado Vanelli (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2013   #1
NF 14-88, Corrado Vanelli (2D)

Title: NF 14-88
Name: Corrado Vanelli
Software: Painter

This is the cover of an Italian novel. In the book the author imagines a world in which Nazi empire wins the second world war using atomic weapons and it defines a new age in which darkness and repression become the new laws. In this desolated scenario, he tells the story of two women and their love. Gertrude is a Nazi general of a special unit called 'sisterhood of black virgins' and Ingrid is a young prostitute that works and lives in a borderland in which there is a big community of people that government considers subhuman. Gertrude should persecute Ingrid, but something strange happens: she fall in love with her. The author asked me to represent a scene in which there was love but also sadness so I thought that the best image was a farewell scene at the station.
As usual I have created this piece using Painter 12 and my Wacom. I hope you like it.

N A R C I V S | A r t
www.landofsecretarts.com

Old 02 February 2013   #2
Hey!
Nice composition there, like the fact that Gertrude stands on a higher level (as in her fictional life). Good poses and expressive mood. Also like Ingrid's bitchier posture in this scene.
On the other hand there are some things I doesn't really dig here, crits are coming. For instance Gertrude's general long coat, missing any officer insignia, and wearing her (SS?) armband on her right? Ingrid's hair also falls oddly, missing some gravity there... The gear shape (obviously steam-punk) element is kind of cliché (so as the gas masks) and roughly executed in shape. ... Ok, I only nit picking here, trying to give constructive crits...
Keep it up!

Old 02 February 2013   #3
Thanks Zocsi for your comment.
You are absolutely right... as you know there is never enough time to refine your work in the way you wish. Gas masks and a little of steam-punk style is a request of the author. Thanks, I really appreciated your remarks.

N A R C I V S | A r t
www.landofsecretarts.com

Old 02 February 2013   #4
Wonderful work!

Old 02 February 2013   #5
Thumbs up

really great work .

Old 02 February 2013   #6
this piece is amazing! almost looks like it was made in 3d.
Good job on the depth and color on this piece. Keep it up, would love to see more!

Old 02 February 2013   #7
Originally Posted by Narcius: Thanks Zocsi for your comment.
You are absolutely right... as you know there is never enough time to refine your work in the way you wish. Gas masks and a little of steam-punk style is a request of the author. Thanks, I really appreciated your remarks.

Thanks. Sure thing Narcius.
For me, always really educational to see some advanced work from any talented fellow here and learn from them how they handle the regular stuffs, such as work pressure and the challenge of working on a given project, as well. I mean most of the artsy stuffs are depleted on how someone deals with brushes, strokes, perspective, volume, et cetera - the usuals, but if someone has already had any "commercial"; work ever, (s)he knows that that's the skill part of a job, and there are a handful of other mental issues during the process. I certainly must agree with you about that you can only leave an art, but never finish it. As someone said before: "Perfect is the enemy of done." - so true.
Anyway, you have great style and an impressive portfolio. I can only repeat myself mate: Keep it up!

Last edited by Zocsi : 02 February 2013 at 10:13 PM.

Old 02 February 2013   #8
Really like this, especially the softness and the general restriction to pinks and greys. Very beautifully painted.

~D~

Old 02 February 2013   #9
Talking

Thanks for all comments.

N A R C I V S | A r t
www.landofsecretarts.com

Old 02 February 2013   #10
Thumbs up

Love this piece, Corrado! It is very beautiful, above all things. The color pallete is breath-taking! I'm a big fan of your colors and anatomy. Bravo!

Old 03 March 2013   #11
Great work

My Blog

Old 03 March 2013   #12
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread