Temple Ruins, Ari Suonpää (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 01 January 2013   #1
Temple Ruins, Ari Suonpää (2D)

Title: Temple Ruins
Name: Ari Suonpää
Software: Painter, Photoshop

"Even though it's been over 300 years since the destruction of the temple, the followers of Wor'ath are still gathering to this sacred place."

This painting was a result of studying several different paintings for inspiration. I'm still trying to keep a fairly loose style with my paintings, while concentrating on the overall picture.

Old 02 February 2013   #2
Cool

Beautiful color and landscape. Nice heavy, thin brush stokes (almost a pastel effect), and a nice use of an unrefined drawing style. I particularly like the dead tree and how you made the ruins in the distance (the twisted branches and trunk of that tree works really well and is believable). The little traveler and his dog add a nice scale to the piece. I'm glad you added the dog, since usually people just put a simple person in, but the dog adds a bit more life to the piece. I'd have liked to see a bit more of the ruins, since they are the focus of this painting. I like your rustic lighting and the fadedness of the back mountains (always tricky to get right). Overall, a very strong piece and a keeper for your portfolio. Keep it up. Great job.

Old 02 February 2013   #3
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread