Demon Hunter (inspired by Kiraz), Roger Hom (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2012   #1
Demon Hunter (inspired by Kiraz), Roger Hom (2D)

Title: Demon Hunter (inspired by Kiraz)
Name: Roger Hom
Software: Photoshop

I loved Kiraz's playboy illustrations, and I thought it would be interesting to apply his style to some dark fantasy character. I recently read Dororo by Osamu Tezuka, and it had a male samurai-like demon hunter. I thought it would be cool to shift the story to a medieval/steampunk universe. She's not really steampunk other than the fact her crossbows are more high-tech looking than the actual period crossbows. I might redesign her for a future iteration. For now, I was primarily interested in giving her a Kiraz girl look.

Painted in photoshop

Copyright Roger Hom
http://genericlife.com/

Old 12 December 2012   #2
Talking

Wow, that is super stylized, but at least it's consistant. I like the dynamic sillouette you get with your character, and the shapes and colors with your character design. Her hair is sort of reminiscent of Jessica Rabbit. Well, actually, its more like the short red cape and her bangs get confused as being her hair (which would maek the drape over her shoulders rather strange if it were her hair). Sometimes the dynamics of her body proportions feel a little awkward (like the angle of her chest and the large shape is gets since it's twisted towards us), but I can see how you balanced that disproportions throughout her body, so it just takes some getting used to. I do like the crossbows, especially with the dynamite bolt on the bigger one (that's probably my favorite part of this piece, actually). I also particularly like the design of her shin guards and the cross-stitching of her leggings (really cool). This piece turned out pretty cool. Keep it up. Great job.

Old 12 December 2012   #3
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread