The Day When, Heidi Muranen (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 12 December 2012   #1
The Day When, Heidi Muranen (2D)

Title: The Day When
Name: Heidi Muranen
Software: Photoshop

I've had zero desire to paint and that doesn't happen to me...like ever. I've been doing something else and have left Photoshop alone. I tried painting again and it did mesmerize me like it usually does, so here's what I did. It was supposed to be called The Day When I Fall in Love With Myself...but I just couldn't relate, so I left it with an open end.

Facebook

Old 12 December 2012   #2
Cool

The title might be a tad too open-ended, but the description helps. I'm going through a slump right now as well, were I just can't seem to get inspired enough to draw, paint or use Photoshop (although some inklings are starting to come back). The red color scheme is kind of reminescent of Picasso's pink period. Although I think your eyes are a tad high up in proportions, the face and figure are very well rendered, and you did a great job capturing motion and expression. I particularly love the hands. They turned out beautifully, well articulated and expressed, and they are my favorite part of the painting. The orange tints adn the dark, almost black, colors on the eyes, nose and lips add a bit of dimension on what could've ended up as a very monochromatic piece. Interesting idea with the white border coming from your head. Keep painting and good luck. Keep it up. Great job.

Old 12 December 2012   #3
Thanks for your comment! To me that pink/orange thing brings David Bowie to mind. Hope you get your drawing groove back on.

Facebook

Old 12 December 2012   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread