Station, Dmitry Vishnevsky (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2012   #1
Station, Dmitry Vishnevsky (2D)

Title: Station
Name: Dmitry Vishnevsky
Software: Photoshop

Station
another quick warm up
thanks for watching

Old 11 November 2012   #2
This is an interesting image with some great tones and textures to it but I struggle to understand what this vehicle could be used for or how would it move? I think the support you have there on the bottom could not hold the weight above. I know this might seem silly to point this out as this is just an image but I think functionality should also be considered while creating concept art

Old 11 November 2012   #3
Clearly you have a strong style with a good technical background, but I'd rather agree with Yatzenty here. It's always a headache to decide the value of an image according to it's technical or conceptual achievements...
Here you have an good looking something - I like the general concept, I see some sort of industrial / semi-scientific structure, deployed in a mine or an alien planet - including the minor details like the drizzle rain. The palette and atmosphere is also caught in a very good way, congrats to that.
On the other hand the two supporting leg stands out in design (shape?) and it could serve as a support as already mentioned, and reduce the validity of the 'science behind the concept'. Shame, but don't be frustrated by our (rather constructive) comments, since this piece probably fulfilled its purpose, to grant you a warmed up hand for the more serious pieces.
I think if you can connect this style with valid messages, than you will step onto the "next level"..
Keep it up!

Old 11 November 2012   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread