Arrival at Svetoslav Sanctuary, Tuomas Korpi (2D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2012   #1
Arrival at Svetoslav Sanctuary, Tuomas Korpi (2D)

Title: Arrival at Svetoslav Sanctuary
Name: Tuomas Korpi
Software: Photoshop

The original concept sketch for this painting was done at least a year ago, but it was not until last friday I thought I should take it further. Basically it was few evenings of hard painting and here's the result - hope you like it.

I mixed elements of gothic architecture to both slavic and norwegian mythology, and threw some pointy ears to the mix ;) Visually I tried to apply some new stuff I've picked up lately about light and value balance.

I've used mainly textures from CG Textures and some random photographs for reference.

Old 06 June 2012   #2
You are killing me man, either the lighting, design or even the point of view, everything is awesome! Great work!

Old 06 June 2012   #3
Surprised this didn't get more comments - awesome work!

Old 06 June 2012   #4
Thanks! I guess the theme wasn't interesting enough, there are no big characters or any action going on
Might be also that the thread was uploaded on the third page of the 2D gallery straight away after validation?

Last edited by korpi : 06 June 2012 at 04:05 PM.

Old 06 June 2012   #5
That is just amazing! I am on a steampunk kick right now, and that is such a unique image (not strictly steampunk, perhaps) that I am mesmerised. I want to read a novel that's set there!

Old 07 July 2012   #6
Awesome ! I love this painting, the subject is very interesting ! The colors, the mood, lighting ... all is perfect in my opinion !

Old 01 January 2013   #7
This painting is really amazing.I love the concept and mood. Really really good job.

Old 02 February 2013   #8
So beautiful! I really like the shading and the atmosphere!

Old 02 February 2013   #9
Absolutely first rate. There's a whole world in that image and I too would like to read the book. It stopped me in my tracks when I first saw it. More! More!

Old 01 January 2014   #10
Very nice work!

Old 01 January 2014   #11
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread