Jim Talbot
Freelance Illustrator
JT Illustration
Cheshire, USA

Lady and Her Pet, Jim Talbot (2D)

Title: Lady and Her Pet
Name: Jim Talbot
Software: Photoshop

I created Lady and Her Pet in Photoshop over a period of 3 days. I mainly wanted to create an emotional connection between the viewer and the Lady. And although I am reading the wonderful series "A Song of Fire and Ice", this is not meant to be anyone from that series.

Old 03-27-2012, 08:27 PM   #2
ZombieMariachis
Frequenter

portfolio
Josh Hass
JoshHass.com
Owasso, USA

Thumbs up

Looks pretty great! Maybe some darker values on the hand could help in defining the form a bit more.

Old 02-13-2013, 07:05 AM   #3
hillbillybruce

portfolio
Bruce Arnold
Consultant
Noel, USA

Thumbs up This artwork drove me to distraction (and CGISociety)!

I first came across this image on a Facebook page. I was immediately intrigued... But there was no info about it... I even posted a comment asking for more details, but no luck...
Normally, that would've been the end of that. But as days passed, the image stuck in my mind and wouldn't let go. I showed the image to friends, hoping someone would recognize it as a book jacket cover or something. Many guesses were given, all incorrect...
Then I remembered Google's "search by image" feature, and viola! One of the image links had the artist's name. I immediately dug deeper, and eventually I found me way here to CGISociety. What a great site! I'm glad the path of discovery led me here.
I don't feel qualified to give much in the way of critical commentary, but I will offer my opinion... I feel this is a exceptionally beautiful work of art. And if not only for its aesthetics, it is also great because it grabbed ahold of my imagination and stuck there.
I appreciate many different styles of art, from CG to photoshopped digital photographs to traditional fine arts; and artists ranging from Nagel to Mucha to Waterhouse (and many in between). But it is a rare and wonderful occasion when someone's artistic talents creates any image that haunts me the way this one has.
So for what it is worth, I can't think of a higher compliment to give than that.

Old 02-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #4
JTalbotski
Makin' stuff

portfolio
Jim Talbot
Freelance Illustrator
JT Illustration
Cheshire, USA

Bruce,

Thank you very much for your post. I am so pleased that you felt a connection to the piece! That really is the greatest compliment.

Thanks again!

Jim

Old 02-16-2013, 03:45 PM   #5
CGTalk Moderation
Expert
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread